Posted: Jul 19th 2008 11:23AM thedeadeye said

I miss Auto Assault. It was flawed but it sure was fun driving around shooting things. If it came out for the consoles as well as the PC, we'd still be playing it today.

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 12:13PM Ergonomic Cat said

SWG.

I also miss what Dark & Light was going to be, but never was.

And Auto Assault. Such potential, but something was missing....

Duke Nukem Online, too.

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 7:49PM Wouldzey said

Same.

SWG
Dark & Light: What it should of been

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 12:17PM Jeromai said

Ditto. Auto Assault was pretty fun. Driving around and jumping ramps and spraying bullets like a maniac, all the destructible objects around and so on.

It just never was worth a $15 type subscription deal for me. Too straightforward and linear with not much meaning (in death or in items or in class function or endgame) to be worth a full time MMO's pricing.

It would have benefited greatly from more flexible payment options like $10 a month or free to play with micropayments.

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 1:16PM (Unverified) said

The original SWG..can't deny that there are alot of us vets out there/

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 2:34PM (Unverified) said

SWG man SOE fucked that game up, i know i'd still be playing it today and i wouldnt be the only one, i dont see why soe dont just let it die myself. now im stuck waiting for earthrise, its got potential lets hope masthead dont change anything

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 4:00PM (Unverified) said

I miss Horizons the most. It was the only game where you could play a dragon, as well as Satyr, and many other races that most MMOs still don't include even after 10 expansions. The content of Horizons was always poor, but I feel its problems could have been surmounted had it had better management.

SWG classic certainly tasted better than the New Coke version we have today, but I don't count SWG as being dead, just in a management situation not dissimilar from what Horizons died from.

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 10:49PM (Unverified) said

Must confess I'd have thought Horizons more likely to feature on a "which deceased MMO are you most glad is dead?" list.

Posted: Jul 20th 2008 9:46AM (Unverified) said

Pre Felucca/Trammel split Ultima Online.

Posted: Jul 20th 2008 3:08PM (Unverified) said

Personally I miss .hack//fragments. Even though it was Japan only I wish it would have lived long enough to be taken in by the US. That would have been a dream come true.

Posted: Jul 20th 2008 6:17PM (Unverified) said

I miss World of Warcraft before 2.0.x. Raiding was 40 people at once and I actually had to do massive PvP for gear. And there was no you-know-what-imbalance-from-small-battles or shoddily developed "arena gladiator battles."

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 7:59AM (Unverified) said

I miss Earth and Beyond the most. No Sci-fi spaceship MMO has lived up to it. Thankfully, the E&B emulator is coming along nicely and I'll be able to play it again

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 11:25PM (Unverified) said

SWG pre combat upgrade. The player driven economy and society/cities are still unmatched to this day. As well as the awe inspiring sight of one of the real/early jedi's before they became as common place as the countless number of retards that fucked up the game at soe. PvP, with whole guilds and alliances attacking Rebel cities, what a sight to see.

Best game ever--i would drop anything to go and play and reset server--a guy can still dream cant he?

Skolo