Posted: Jul 16th 2008 3:15PM (Unverified) said

To be honest, I think stuff like this highlights how far ahead of its time Dark Age of Camelot was. When I think of how many people used to be involved in Relic raids and such I can't believe that a more modern game would limit Final confrontations (Capital City in this case) to 48 vs 48.

I have fond memories of the massive scale of some of the combat in DAoC.

Heck, even the Dragon raids in DAoC had more combatants. :(

Posted: Aug 1st 2008 8:55PM (Unverified) said

"I can't believe that a more modern game would limit Final confrontations (Capital City in this case) to 48 vs 48."

The 48 vs 48 instance is the fighting on the street portion of the capital city raid, and is instanced to give many groups of people access to the pve content within the instance. the 48vs48 number is subject to change. There were some beta servers running 72 vs 72 for instance.

Finally, the world pvp is not limited. and that is where the best pvp is found.

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 3:41PM Nadril said

I'll be honest, I'm not really impressed with what I've seen in this trailer. Perhaps it's the fact that I did this same kind of stuff in Lineage II (with more people) a good 4 years ago but it didn't seem like it brought in anything new.

Plus, I'm sorry, but man everything was very low quality. I know in the end it doesn't matter, but what makes me wonder is that from screenshots I've seen it should look better then that. The spell effects were pretty boring (just flashes of light and stuff) and, meh I dunno, just didn't really do it for me.

Of course this is no indicator on how it will actually play and I am just judging it as I see it right now. Hopefully they just turned the graphics down, however, because it looked really poor and thats all my mind could think of.

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 4:33PM (Unverified) said

I didn't think it was possible, but that actually made WoW look gritty and visceral. I know that they are apples and oranges, but go look at the Warhammer Online cinematic trailer and then watch that E3 video again. Yes, of course one is CGI and the other is gameplay footage, but the point I'm trying to make is that the cinematic looked like it was in the same vein as the WO concept art and that E3 trailer looks like f*#%ing Dungeon Runners.

The buildings look amazing and the particle effects are okay, but why do the characters look cuddly and have color palettes that are more inline with Pre-school construction paper?

Where is this guy?

I see fighting going on, but none of those toons look scary...in the least. Even slightly. At all.

Come on Mythic.

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 4:40PM (Unverified) said

Man i wish some of these videos came out in high resolution.. :( looks incredibly fun though, cant wait to get into beta to try it out myself!!!

gameplay > graphics anyday as well imo :P

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Ya, I agree, put out the high resolution shots already. This low res stuff looks like such crap. Show the game in full detail. The longer they go without doing that, the more I think the game has some major bugs relating to running the game in higher detail. It has me worried.

These days, it seems that everything that comes out about WAR has me more disappointed than excited.

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 9:37PM (Unverified) said

that video quality looks really bad, if it were in HD i could tell more about the graphics, even in that embedded window it looks as though it is stretched to fit... leaves much to be desired in a trailer. I'm still playing war and will wait for it to impress/disappoint me on my pc.

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 9:40PM (Unverified) said

seriously lacking the gritty style i was picturing from the trailers and whatever i know about warhammer. very disappointing, i hope they are going to be putting more work into the design and style of their characters.

Posted: Jul 17th 2008 2:35AM (Unverified) said

The final graphics are yet to be implemented. If you go to the warhammer site there is a video clip under "Pauls Video blog" dealing with the actual lighting that will be used. They show a black orc standing mid day and pan the camera around so you can see the lighting effects. So graphic wise this is probably a bad standard to base your opinion on.

Posted: Jul 17th 2008 6:51AM (Unverified) said

Then why release it though? At this point isn't new media supposed to excite?

Don't get me wrong, not trying to put the WAR guys down and I'm looking forward to all the good stuff I'm sure they still have on the way, but MMO companies need to get out of this promise first, maybe deliver later routine this late into their development cycle.

I could live with a day without news about a certain MMO really, if that means I can get straight to the good bits later.

Posted: Jul 19th 2008 5:15AM (Unverified) said

Not even final build. WAR will have good graphics. /topic

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 9:33PM (Unverified) said

great find JukeboxJoe!!!

Without a doubt that should end the poor graphics debate. Also watching that Chaos Chosen makes me not feel so bad about losing my Orc Choppa.

Why I Play: ArcheAge