Posted: Jul 14th 2008 12:05PM Softserve said

Honestly, that kind of just sounds like Puzzle Quest to me. And on XBLA, you can compare scores and play people online. I do agree it's a foundation to build from, though.

I wonder on some level if MMORPG apps on mobile devices should stay like that though. Remain supplemental instead of definitive.

For example, say I can run auctions on my iPhone, read my in-game mail, change my traits. Maybe play mini-games with other existing characters for tokens you can trade for in-game items, etc.

I honestly would like things like that a lot. And it seems so comparatively simple to forcing, say, World of Warcraft, on one of these things.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 12:31PM Ayenn said

Though at this time mobile devices are limited in capability it will be a very short time before a cell phone will be at least as powerful as current home PCs, we are talking less that 10 years for that. then we will see, as many will desire, full blown MMORPGs avalible for mobile devices... hell, at that time "classic" MMORPGs like EQ2, WoW, CoX and AOC may be ported out to phones.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 1:53PM Softserve said

Well, I think it's certainly going to be more possible. Devices will get more powerful and more complex.

At the same time, when I think of the BEST uses of these devices, it's not to replicate entire MMORPGs. I think we have to remember that these things are on the go devices and as such I really feel what will benefit the player more would be more supplemental software. Even if a full on 3D MMORPG was possible and ran perfectly, I don't think it would really be using the platform for its true strengths... Particularly given how little time most people would use them by comparison (ie, I play my DS in short bursts and my consoles for hours).

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 12:37PM Wgraves said

game add-ons i believe are the future for mobile devices, not stand-alone games. They should serve simply as a continuous connection to an otherwise 1-3 hour a day experience in a given world.

Posted: Jul 15th 2008 12:30AM (Unverified) said

Actually, the gameplay is more like Planet Puzzle League.

Posted: Jul 18th 2008 11:58PM Keithustus said

Really?! Sweet! That's been one of my favorites since it was called Tetris Attack long long ago. Looks like it'll be my first ipod game in that case. . . . . ..no, wait, ipod touch only.

Posted: Jul 18th 2008 11:24PM Keithustus said

So MMO Puzzle Quest, basically? But on Apple hardware.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM