Posted: Jul 14th 2008 9:45PM (Unverified) said

I am SO glad I didn't subscribe to HG:L. It's bad enough I spent $100 on the game (a copy for me and a copy for the BF as a gift). It was buggy and rushed, but it had potential. I hope we don't lose online play, or if they must close the servers, at least let us download our characters to play offline!

Oh and give us LAN play! =D A bunch of my friends didn't buy the game SPECIFICALLY because it lacked that feature.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 10:37PM (Unverified) said

Sadly I'm a founder, and also purchased two copies. :( Here's to hoping that whoever owns the IP keeps the servers going and continues development.

Lot of potential, of course, but that word is usually the death to games.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 10:00PM betadan said

its a cris-a-tunity

Posted: Jul 15th 2008 6:43AM (Unverified) said

There was some mention of the devs getting their jobs back at a newly formed company which'd further develop the IP, wasn't there? Hope that goes through, I don't really see HanbitSoft pick up where Flagship left off with a new team, especially since Flagship really did seem on track to building something good with Mythos.

Must say that regardless of how often the "additional investments" line gets repeated it smells rather like a planned takeover, but we'll likely never know the truth.

Posted: Jul 15th 2008 7:20AM (Unverified) said

I'm surprised some other publisher hasn't paid off Flagship's debts, and secured Mythos. HGL is a mess, but Mythos seemed to be well-received even in beta.

Posted: Jul 15th 2008 8:42AM (Unverified) said

The properties do have value, and while saving Hellgate's tarnished reputation could be very difficult, the technology behind it could be useful. Mythos on the other hand, is a great asset to acquire and has a huge potential for growth.

Hopefully those working on the projects get a chance, because I don't think the developers were at fault as much as poor leadership and planning.

Posted: Jul 15th 2008 1:16PM (Unverified) said

The comments by the Hanbitsoft rep kind of concern me. It sounds like rather than fund continued development of Mythos by the existing development team they want to take full rights to the game and finish (or restart) development on it themselves. Mythos is essentially a massively multiplayer evolution of Fate, and cutting the original creator of both games out of its continued development would pretty much kill it.

I'd hate to see what a grind happy korean development house would do to Mythos :(

Posted: Jul 16th 2008 8:57AM (Unverified) said