Posted: Jul 12th 2008 10:26PM (Unverified) said

RIP Flagship RIP Mythos (or a move to pay a month model).

Died Hellgate Died this game is one of the worst wanabe Massively games I ever played.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 12:24AM (Unverified) said

Unfortunately that turd called Hellgate was complete unpolishable. It was probably right to stick in a fork in it. I was looking forward to giving Flagship another shot with Mythos, and I applied for that beta. Oh well.

I wonder if Bill Roper and company regret their decision to leave Blizzard or if they are still happy to at least have tried to launch their own thing? Maybe a sense of unfinished business.

Ironically I remember Roper and them saying one of their reasons for leaving was the uncertainty of Blizzard's future before they knew WoW was gonna be a mega success. Now with the recent merger with Activision, the entire senior management team was locked up with long term deals that seem to have made everyone very happy.

I'll still follow what happens with the former Blizzard North guys I'd love to see them get a taste of glory again.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 1:05AM (Unverified) said

I had fun with Hellgate's single player, though I never thought much of it. It'd be a shame if anything happened to Mythos, though. It's a fun game, even in beta. I'll follow it no matter where the game goes from here.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 2:54AM (Unverified) said

I'm still hoping this is some cruel rumour.

Mythos is the best free2play mmorpg ever, and who knows the direction it will take with Hanbitsoft? Hopefully they'll re-hire all of the flagship seattle (if this still unconfirmed news is true) lol. Because mythos just wouldn't be good anymore if it got turned into a korean grind.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 3:53AM ReijMan said

Mythos vs Diablo3 and Mythos already lost?

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 7:52AM Ghen said

Its kinda eerie to hear news like this even though we've been asking for it.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 9:11AM (Unverified) said

Looks like dark days ahead for Hellgate: London players. Though nothing is certain until the official word and IP ownership is decided if a legal battle ends up coming into play.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 1:33PM (Unverified) said

It started a slow painful death when they went to that lousy Overworld in trying to make it a mini WOW but it ended up looking like Flyff. The game pre Overworld was great...all they had to do was add a few more classes...up the level limit and work on more zones. Such a shame.

DeathVamp Level 50 Gadgeteer