Posted: Jul 11th 2008 3:10AM (Unverified) said

This poor game is not going to recover. It will go the way of AC2 and Earth and Beyond.

Posted: Jul 11th 2008 3:34AM (Unverified) said

And where is patch 2.0?

With the amount of time it takes them to release patches, you'd think they only had one programmer working on things.

Posted: Jul 11th 2008 4:17AM Askgar said

I think I must be one of the only people in the world to actually like this game... I never really took it as a true MMO, only played it with friends or solo, more as if it was a networked game tbh. But now they've fixed a lot of the horrible bugs the game is quite playable.

I think one problem is that a lot of people made up their mind in the first month, anyone coming to the game now will see something completely different from when it launched.

Posted: Jul 11th 2008 4:32AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Jul 11th 2008 12:47PM (Unverified) said

The game has improved, but its not an MMO and should never have been billed as an MMO. Using the subscription model as a source of revenue was also a mistake. They would have been better off using a microtransaction system like Mythos will if they wanted an income stream post-release. The slow pace of patches and relative paucity of content in said patches means I'll never subscribe to this game -- it just isn't worth it.

However, play a Marksman and treat it like an FPS/RPG hybrid and its actually quite fun.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 7:32PM (Unverified) said

As an solo RPG, I quite enjoy it. I only found out about this game about 2 months ago. I find the story compelling and the high-tech/magic theme very cool. I was going to finish the solo game before I was going to try it online, but I guess now I won't have a chance to do so.

Posted: Jul 13th 2008 7:36PM (Unverified) said

It is an awful thing. I hate to see the demise of any game company whether or not I like their games. Plus Flagship is responsible for development on Mythos, and it has a lot of potential but now who knows if it will even be released now.