Posted: Jun 30th 2008 6:56PM Desco said

I'd love to see MMOs much more integrated with other technologies other than the full-fledge client executable... Like webpages, email, mobile apps, and SMS. So while you're home, you can play the full game, but while you're away you can use the mobile app to basically play minigames that effect your main account, and while you're at work (heheh) you can use a website to manage aspects of the game such as political or trade agreements (in an empire builder, for instance).

Posted: Jul 1st 2008 1:47AM (Unverified) said

I've got a nokia 6682 with symbian os. There is a mobile game called TibiaME (www.tibiaME.com). While I don't play it much, or haven't loaded it up in a few months, I did play it a few times in a class or two. Its very basic and you might not see many people, but for a cellular game thats free excluding data fees that you use, its kinda neat.

Posted: Jul 1st 2008 6:18PM (Unverified) said

I almost never use my cellphone for accesing stuff thru the internet cause the data plans avaiable here are either too expensive by them selves, or are attached to not all that cheap voice plans :/

Posted: Jul 1st 2008 11:11PM (Unverified) said

That's a great point. There's definitely a price barrier in play here as well. As more users sign up for data plans and they become more common I think we'll start to see lower prices for data plans or their inclusion with voice service. That's a typical trend in most technological innovations. I remember my dad buying our first home PC back in the 80s for three grand. Today you can get a PC for 600 dollars for less. Lets hope it doesn't take 20 some years for the same thing to happen with cell phone technology. ;)

Posted: Jul 6th 2008 4:22PM RyogaVee said

There already was a Mobile MMO.
it was Pocket kingdom