Posted: Jun 30th 2008 5:48PM Graill440 said

Is this funcom company reaching to try and salvage what they can? Lets look at registered users verse paying subs, I WAS a registered user that cancelled BEFORE i became a paying sub. got that funcom?

Funcom is trying everything they can to fluff the bad publicity and arrgance of the lead devs in what they have said.

NO ONE cares about registered boxes or numbers, and anyone paying into "WE HAVE 700K REGISTERD USERS" without first thinking what that is................ what counts are the paying subs, which will be very very small when that free time is up due to the game being ate the hell up.

Posted: Jun 30th 2008 6:34PM (Unverified) said

No matter what as long as there are places for people to write anonymous diatribes there will always be "outrage" over this or that. Those of us with functioning grey matter and a tiny bit of mmo release experience know and accept that new mmo's are buggier than paris hilton's lice comb. If you don't like it simply don't buy it. If you bought it and don't like it, tough, should of waited to get a friend pass to try it out first. I buy probably 15 well reviewed games a year that I hate (sins of a solar empire.....got how many stars???) and I just accept that I will not like some of them. It's the price I pay to avoid sitting like the rest of the worker drones in front of my TV every night.
/end diatribe

(hehe I love irony)

Posted: Jun 30th 2008 8:14PM Pagan said

I love AoC. Are there issues? Yes. groundbreaking for me? Not even close. Graphically superior to even most single player RPGs, incredible combat system again far superior to anything currently on the market, and coming out anytime within the next year, and some of the best writing in the genre.

I could care less about the engame, where the majority of faults are with this game (which I have no doubt will be addressed over the next month or so). I play AoC for the road to the endgame, and Funcom's game has provided some of the best MMO experiences I've played in 10+ years of MMO gaming.

Posted: Jun 30th 2008 10:33PM (Unverified) said

Read all the 'outrage' over AoC for the last month or so.

Picked up the game on the weekend. So far, loving it. I can see Funcom getting a few months of subscription from me at least.

Posted: Jul 1st 2008 6:49AM (Unverified) said

I love Age Of Conan.

I just wish I did not have to

RESTART
THE
GAME
EVERY
TWO
HOURS

because of the OUT OF MEMORY errors. >

Posted: Jul 2nd 2008 3:43AM (Unverified) said

I think the 700,000 registered user numbers is a bit misleading as it doesn't take into account how many have canceled / quit playing after the first month. Oh, and it's a lot, especially on PVP servers and PVP guilds.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2008 6:02AM Mystal said

Chris, if you're wondering why people think AoC is a POS, here's a clue:

Do you think it's unrealistic to expect this sort of glaring bug to be caught and fixed before release?

Posted: Jul 6th 2008 11:59PM Omega2k3 said

Actually, it is a little difficult to notice. The bug is due to longer animations, and without a massive player base, would be hard to catch. The damage difference is minute, anyway.

People complaining about a game being buggy just a month after launch apparently haven't played many MMOs. WoW was exactly the same at launch, and they did even less to fix it. It takes time to iron out an MMO, and Funcom is doing it at an accelerated pace due to unforeseen popularity.

Posted: Jul 12th 2008 12:10PM (Unverified) said

All I can say is my husband and I are both enjoying the raids offered so far and look forward to progressing into higher raid content. GJ Funcom :) You will have two subs in this household.