- They are aware of player concerns over server population, and have something in the works right now to address it.
- Hoth (coming in Chapter 11) is planned as a strictly PvE experience, and at the moment they don't plan on space combat to be a part of the instance.
- More on Hoth: It will be both indoors/outdoors, and "There are going to be things in Hoth that you've not seen before in Star Wars Galaxies."
- Droid Commander is right now slated for Chapter 12.
- They're already at work on a new holiday for the year, something we haven't seen before.
- A fan asks if the Hoth battle means they're advancing the gameworld's timeline, to which Field responds: "We're not changing the timeline. It's going to be very self-contained and not linked to the game world like our other Heroics."
- Spy additions/changes are planned for Game Update 6, as are issues with the City system.
- Five year veteran rewards will be coming with Game Update 5 (coming next week to TC).
- They're working on some more new weapon models for the game, especially welcome given the new Weaponsmithing system coming in GU5.
- Before signing off, Field answers a fan who asks what SWG should offer players: "SWG should offer players compelling Star Wars content that makes them feel like they're part of the Star Wars universe. Most of all, it should be a fun game to play. I would hope that SWG has something to offer for all play styles. Whether you enjoy leveling up, Heroics, crafting, casual play, etc... it should always be enjoyable."
Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 8:00PM
Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 3:00PM
Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 2:00PM