Posted: Jun 26th 2008 2:18PM (Unverified) said

This is looking much better. It's true I have the same concerns while watching earlier videos, the game was looking a bit flat and bland, but this video is showing some very nice progress. Looking good there, can't wait to be able to play it !

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 4:46PM (Unverified) said

Yeah but it still only looks marginally better that WoW. \

I would expect a game coming out 5 years after WoW too be leaps and bound ahead.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 4:46PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Yeah but it still only looks marginally better that WoW. \

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 4:51PM (Unverified) said

World of Warcraft 2: Electric Boogalou

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 5:19PM Crsh said

• 1 heart
It's odd how much it looks like WoW, the art direction, the effects, the colors, the animations.. without as so much as improving on them.

Posted: Jun 27th 2008 12:37PM (Unverified) said

I would actually say isn't it amazing how much WoW looks like Warhammer. Go to your local Game shop and pick up any of the army books and look at the Art (most notably the green skin ones). You'll find WoW actually copied Warhammer so it is kind of to be expected that they look the same.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 5:36PM sleepybrett said

It's the gameplay, stupid.

Posted: Jun 29th 2008 12:48PM (Unverified) said

Gameplay?? how many ways can animation of an orc swinging a sword or axe be changed or improved upon. Gameplay is not an argument.

I love WoW, but ive known all along they have ripped off Games Workshop is so many ways it was sick.

Warhammer might not become the juggernought WOW is now, but I have a feeling when its all said and done that WAR will be the superior product.

Posted: Jun 30th 2008 1:34PM sleepybrett said

You completly missed my point. My point is, it doesn't have to be pretty to be fun.

I was defending the less than cutting edge graphics of WAR, jackass.

Posted: Jun 30th 2008 1:34PM sleepybrett said

I was defending the less than cutting edge graphics of WAR, jackass.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2008 1:33AM (Unverified) said

Well, i don't care if the graphics are even the same 'quality' as wow and not better, Wow itself is well behind most other games in terms of graphics but that was overcome with great art direction, styling and animation/lighting and audio.

My biggest gripe with an MMO like AoC for example was attempting to go for 'realism' which ended up making everythign looking wooden. Eccept its not real, make things 'cartoony' i think it works better.

Not sure what my point is here, but im looking forward to this game big time.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2008 7:02PM FridayKnight said

Shiny graphics don't mean jack if your game plays like a quadruple amputee in a marathon. The reason that WoW kicks the crap out of games like EQ is that it is smooth. WAR is picking up on all the good things that WoW has done. It's easiest to reach the top by standing on the shoulders of a giant.

Also, WoW is not directly "ripping off" Warhammer. The Warcraft world has always been about paying homage to the great sources of fantasy through emulation and veiled references. A lot of the characters, places or themes in Warcraft pull heavily from D&D and Warhammer as influences without directly copying them.

Posted: Jul 7th 2008 12:19PM (Unverified) said

The fun that comes from playing an mmo has nearly nothing to do with graphics, its from owning people in pvp or beating a hard boss for the first time, or even from new loot. The graphics of a mmo need to be just "good enough" that people new to the genre won't be turned off to it solely based on graphics, and I feel WAR is nearly there, its not going to look like AoC but, they are shooting for more lenient system requirements, like WoW did when it was released. We know how awesome Crysis can look, but I bet it could have sold more games had it tuned the graphics down a bit, exactly like they are doing with their next release.