Posted: Jun 26th 2008 8:07AM (Unverified) said

I got my Diablo MMO when you guys sent me that free copy of dungeon runners :]

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 8:37AM (Unverified) said

Wouldn't a Diablo MMO basically be WoW with a) possibly better graphics 2) different lore and 3) different classes ? I mean, yes, those 3 variables do add up to a different game, but I'd rather see Blizzard's next MMO go in completely different territory.

If not "Worlds of Starcraft", then a new ****-craft franchise, like maybe "HeroCraft" (superheroes), "CrimeCraft" (GTA-style), "TimeCraft" (time travelling adventures), etc.

Another medieval fantasy MMO though... no thanks. No matter how popular the franchise... that whole genre is kinda MMO-ed out.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 9:05AM (Unverified) said

As long as it's better than what WoW is and isn't the same old theme park. An MMO has to offer more. AoC didn't offer enough to make it worthwhile. Hopefully Warhammer will. But Diablo would have to offer far more than Blizzard's current product.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 9:13AM Crsh said

A Diablo MMO would be what Hellgate: London failed to become, ironic considering Flagship Studios was founded by ex-Blizzard employees. Or perhaps that's the whole idea, a straight punch in their teeth.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 9:16AM Arkanaloth said

would I play a Diablo MMO... *maybe*

I say maybe because I like the world..

but if the end-game is the same as WoW's which is Raid, PVP, or be bored, then I think I'd pass on it.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 10:42AM (Unverified) said

Oh hell yes. I love the Diablo setting (Sanctuary) and lore.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 10:41AM (Unverified) said

Considering how D2 was (a grindfeast of epic proportions) I would probably pass. There story and characters are interesting, but it wouldn't be enough for a MMO. Diablo 3 on the other hand... h3ll yea!

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 10:46AM (Unverified) said

Just wanted to add... remember that WoW itself inherited many of Diablo II's ideas. Talent trees and specs, randomized item stats "Of the wolf, of the boar, etc..." So it would make sense that a Diablo MMO would further "evolve" utilizing some of the same ideas.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 10:46AM (Unverified) said

I would think the Diablo MMO would use similar elements as the Diablo series. I would think you could solo any boss, but the more people you have in the "instance" the better/more loot you would get perhaps?

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 10:47AM dacool561 said

I dont care, just give me another Diablo Game!

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 11:32AM (Unverified) said

I think another Blizzard MMO would only hurt WoW's numbers, unless it was a totally different (Starcraft) style. No swords, no plate armor... just space.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 1:07PM (Unverified) said

Diablo III is good enough for me. I would much rather a Starcraft MMOG.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 1:18PM (Unverified) said

As Theadrick said, WoW borrows quite a bit from Diablo (not a bad thing at all, don't get me wrong) with its itemization and talent trees, so I'd think a Diablo MMO would have to differentiate itself mainly with pacing and setting/tone.