Posted: Jun 23rd 2008 10:54PM (Unverified) said

AOC keeps smacking down my PC, like a pimp who aint got all his money. I have a Dell XPS 400 (ok, stop laughing ) with 4GB of RAM and an ATI HD 2600XT video card. It runs AOC at about 15-19 FPS if I am lucky and do not crash when zoning.

What make matters worse is when I played during head-start I was getting 23-25 FPS but now its really unplayable. I know I need a new PC and looking to build one soon but not for AOC but some game called WAR.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2008 11:25PM Crsh said

Gamespot's guide is a good start, however they strictly use Nvidia cards (and only a handful of them at that); while they are "Made for Nvidia", I can't say my Radeon HD 3870 doesn't deliver a solid performance (avg. 45 FPS outdoors, 65+ in solo instances, but 25ish in cities).

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 7:17AM Ghen said

Games that push the envelope never run correctly on ATI cards at launch. ATI -always- has to 'optimize their drivers' for the new games. Why? Nvidia just works.

So even though ATI usually makes a card 10% cheaper that performs well in benchmarks, I won't buy their brand ever again. Last one was an overclocked 9800se, it served me well but only on games over a month or two old when on the newest drivers.

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 8:06AM (Unverified) said

I did enjoy the guide, once I found it. The article is a bit self-referential link heavy...

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 8:45AM Nadril said

Just throwing my specs into the fire here in case anyone is interested:

Core2duo E4300 @ 2.7ghz, 9600GT 512Mb, 3GB ram, 1680x1050 resolution.

I run on all highs with medium shadow & Players only @ an average of 40 FPS or so. Sometimes I can get 55fps or so in the right zone, other times (like cities) it is closer to 30fps.

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 10:51AM (Unverified) said

*cough*

*cough*

(I am inordinately proud of my header graphic, what can I say?)

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 7:12AM (Unverified) said

Hrm... I really wish I could play the game for longer than 5 minutes. I know that the x1400 is never enough to play it even on the lowest setting, but there's really no need for it to crash the entire OS. Vanguard runs on about the same framerate, if not slower, but AoC seems to have a strange tendancy to display the beautiful blue screen of death.