Posted: Jun 20th 2008 11:19PM (Unverified) said

I eagerly await a takedown notice. It just sounds kind of exciting.

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 11:49PM (Unverified) said

Monday is also the last day to see the Garden of NPIRL Delights!

There seems to be some sort of cosmic significance to June 23 2008, like there was November 5 1955 in Back to the Future... *dramatic music*

Posted: Jun 21st 2008 3:48AM (Unverified) said

@jacek: now that you mention it, I did draw a weird shape after hitting my head today.. Looked like a hand.

Posted: Jun 21st 2008 5:12AM (Unverified) said

To explain, all I asked was to clarify the status of two domain names I had registered 2 and 3 years ago. I've sent a message to tm-licensing@lindenlab.com as per LL's guidelines; the page says to expect four weeks for an answer.

Well, I got the answer in just 4 hours! That was quite surprising! *And* both domain names were approved (eg. not found in infringement of LL's new trademark policies).

Posted: Jun 22nd 2008 1:59PM (Unverified) said

I emailed the email address, and heard back within a few days. I set up a meeting to speak with Linden's legal counsel, and we went through my various domain names. While I would have been much happier to keep them as they were - after all, we had been encouraged by LL to use the brand in that fashion, and I had followed every rule to the T - I also understand that as a company, they're trying to grow up a bit, something I've been hoping for as well.

The upshot of it is that SLTrivia.com will be going away, and has already been branded to GogomodoTrivia.com; SLGuide.com will be going away in lieu of VWMedia.net; and SLPTO.com is going away altogether, but not without getting a lot of notice from Linden Lab. Here's hoping that Blue Linden's new ideas for a trust system of some sort come to fruition; the log from his last office hour (once posted) will shed some light onto a most interesting discussion.

Regards,