Posted: Jun 20th 2008 11:59AM Snorii said

I think the main reason that people don't post about the Fifth Column conspiracy any more is that you can find them back in the game because of Ouroboros (Flashback missions). It is hard to still claim that they were removed because of a German release/laws/etc if you can log on and see them once again. :)

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 1:48PM (Unverified) said

Like all circumstances that have people on both sides of the aisle, blind invites are a complicated matter.

But it boils down to this. People enjoy complaining, but there should also be an option to not have the pop-up window. CoH has relied on the IN YER FACE window for too many interactions. Trades, invites, sidekicking, etc. That's good for new players, but there should be the option to have something unobtrusive like a tab on your chat box for those of us who hate being interrupted.

That being said, blind invites have never been a problem for me. If I get one, I'll accept or decline depending on my mood. If I get more than one from the same player, the get put on /ignore. Simple as that.

Most of the time I'm in a team anyways, though. I play CoH because I don't like to solo. That's a me thing, though.

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 2:42PM (Unverified) said

I've played CoX for a while and I know exactly what they're talking about. As a 3 year WoW player, blind invites meant someone was going immediately advertise gold/power leveling when you accepted. That never happened in CoX but that's the first thing I thought of when it started happening.

Posted: Jun 21st 2008 1:22AM Tialla said

I'd say with me, I'm somewhere in the middle. I request in my message to send a tell first--and simply decline, automatically, any invites that are sent otherwise. When you're a good empathy defender...you can afford to be picky. ;)

Posted: Jun 25th 2008 8:27PM Daemodand said

Want to know what the team is doing? Join the team for 15 seconds and find out. Easy! If the activity isn't to your liking, say "Sorry this isn't for me, but good luck," and go find a different team. Odds are it'll be just fine, though.

Afraid of the unknown? Form your own teams and you'll always be in control of the agenda. Easy!

Soloing? Red tag. Easy!

Posted: Jul 4th 2008 3:38PM (Unverified) said

> Yeah, you're playing a multiplayer game, one of the most basic functions of which is to get invited to a team to play with others. Positron forbid you should actually get an invite without a tell first, oh that would just end the world, wouldn't it?

Nah, I just cancel the invite and happily carry on with whatever I was doing. Of course, in the rare occasions where they immediately resend the invite, I send them a /tell welcoming them to my ignore list and /ignore them.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM