Posted: Jun 19th 2008 11:29AM Arkanaloth said

the only thing that worries me about GW 2 is the re-thinking of the hero / henchmen system.. Let's face facts.. in general PUGS suck. One of my favorite thing about GW's PVE progression is that it can be experienced. I love running HH teams and doing various missions and quests knowing that if something comes up I can just get up, take care of life, and come back to my team and pick up right where I left off..

I can't tell you the number of times I've parked my team in a corner and left for hours then came back to finish my instance or mission that was going a bit too well to stop.. you just can't do this with real people.

that's what I love about GW I can experience everything it has to offer on my own terms within my own schedule. As I told a friend of mine last night, I've done more with just my Assassin in GW than I have each and every alt I have in WoW combined. So I hope GW 2 doesn't fall into the same typical MMO trappings of *requiring* a group to experience the story to the fullest.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 1:08PM (Unverified) said

I only played GW during the first year, and you were forced to PUGs in the latest missions because henchmen were too stupid to complete the mission.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 1:16PM Arkanaloth said

they were... I was in the Beta for GuildWars and thought "good start on the game, fix the Henchmen AI and make them level with you and it'll be great".. Then they released Nightfall with Heroes.. I went back to GW after Nightfall came out and have never looked back at anything else.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 11:48AM (Unverified) said

WTS Althea's Ashes

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 12:40PM FredFredrickson said

I like GW, but I just wish they'd add more depth to the game (better crafting, more things to do, etc). I know it's free to play, and that limits what NCSoft can (and is willing to) do, but all it needs is just a little more to it, and it could draw me away from other games like WoW.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 12:58PM Alpoe said

Im excited about GW2, when it comes out, ill gladly put down WoW and re-take up arms for GW when it comes out.

Not that i prefer WoW to GW, its just that after 1 and a half years of playing and experiencing most hings (including capturing Cavalon and letting all people in for free for the first time) I thought i'd take a break, and since there is no fee, i can pick up and play anytime I want.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 1:14PM (Unverified) said

I've never played Guild Wars, but I'm intrigued by some of the changes reported here. No more click-to-move sounds very nice.

But now that I've read this, I'm curious about those rumors you mentioned! Could you at least provide a link to where we can read about them?

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 2:03PM Arkanaloth said

well you can turn off click to move in the current GW.. god knows that's the first thing I nixed.. I use ASWD.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 2:25PM (Unverified) said

I very much enjoyed Guild Wars and played for three years. But with nothing new after Eye of the North, it began to get boring and a little stale. I had hoped to continue playing until GW2 came out, but now there's no release date, and the company won't say what's going on. I'm a little concerned. I've now switched to WoW and I'm not sure if I'll go back to Guild Wars if/when the new game is released.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 4:21PM (Unverified) said

You forgot to mention how much the Hall of Monuments fails.

Pugs will always fail. Your heros and henchmen aren't typically better than pugs, they just follow you around and do what you tell them to do.

As for Guild Wars 2? I don't think I'll go. ArenaNet has done almost nothing in their updates aside from releasing stuff to quit people from whining about nerfs or ridiculous buffs, resulting in a great inflation in economy, PvP that fails, and a horribly broken PvE only skill.

I hope Warhammer is good.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 5:02PM (Unverified) said

All your comments are opinions. As much as I want to argue with you I must respect your opinions. Now, IMO I have been playing GW for 3 years and have found both PUG's and HH teams to be reliable, I don't know maybe I am lucky, the PVP is rather enjoyable for me, I especially like the holiday PVP events. The only opinion I agree with is how the HOM fails. It is rather hard to put anything in the hall.

Posted: Jun 26th 2008 9:09PM (Unverified) said

I just like to bring my Henchmen and heros because they do what I tell them.

You have to Pug in PvP. You can only take two heros in Heroes Ascent, so I regularly pug there.

Turns out HoM might not fail.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 5:11PM (Unverified) said

I'm looking forward to GW2, and have recently returned to GW as well. There's still tons of stuff for me to do there since I play more casually (having no monthly fee lets me take breaks for long periods of time with no guilt).

One concern I have is that GW has one of the most atrocious excuses for a "community" I've ever seen, and I can't help but wonder if the lack of monthly fees is a contributing factor to the type of people who play. With GW2 promising to be a "real MMO" I can't say I'm looking forward to more of the rude "GW Kiddies" in the new game.

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 6:18AM (Unverified) said

Thanks a bunch for the great article, but psss... it's called "GWEN", not EotN.:)

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 11:59AM (Unverified) said

Actually, most people call it EotN. GW:EN was contrived by lore junkees when they realized that Gwen was coming back in the game.

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 8:05PM (Unverified) said

Hmm... interesting. I just hear people referencing it as GWEN. I must admit the bias though, I think that GWEN is an awfully nifty name for that game (obviously for the reasons stated above).:P

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 11:15PM (Unverified) said

Guild Wars = pretty bad community
Good mechanics but insane PVE only skills. Godmode 100+ armour, Ursan, list goes on.

Sadly terrible PvP - considering it was pretty awesome to begin with.

All up I am glad they choose to leave GW1 and focus on GW2 - the GW world has alot to offer and they must have seen the limitations in GW1 early on and as the chapters started to grow they knew they had to cut the BS and start again.

I will be buying GW2 but I hope the focus is on a great game and not on the massive PVE community (which I am apart of) as they just want easy shit and zillions of titles which ruins it for the good PVE and PVP players who want a great experience, make builds, explore, engage with the world and want a challenge and appropriate rewards. I hope for a balance there as certainly whatever GW started out is, it's not the same anymore. IMO it's worse by far.

Posted: Jun 27th 2008 3:39PM (Unverified) said

I just hope that they make the HoM rewards not something insane (like _another_ ursan blessing) which will be actually useful, like weapon mods etc. Please, pleeeease, PULEEASE make it something like a minipet. Imagine a team in PvP winning because some korean farmer spent half a year on maxing out his HoM... Yeah. Horrible.

Can't get it out of my mind. Oh yeah. Don't ruin the PvP system, Anet. Don't.

-Onzalvin