Posted: Jun 19th 2008 9:12PM (Unverified) said

Well I know this is the internet, but I'll try and somewhat backup the above 'rumor'.

My former guild leader was a former Blizzard employee who was let go just before WOW's release due to financial constraints within the company, and ended up at Lucas Arts. At this time he still had connections with former co-workers at Blizzard who told him, about the upcoming skill changes. These included the mage elemental pet, invisibility etc, this was well before any news was leaked on the matter, and it later came to be. This all occurred last September weeks before I quit WOW.

One thing that caught my attention was he informed us that Lucas Arts had begun work on a new Star Wars MMO. His character over the time I knew him was extremely professional, really easy going, hardly a show-off. So take this as you will, but I have a hard time seeing this being only a 'rumor', time will tell.

Posted: Jun 19th 2008 10:02PM Teiraa said

It is nothing new that the Bioware MMO is scheduled around 2011.
Already last year there was such a statement from EA:

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 10:46AM Ergonomic Cat said

How could you *not* do a KoTOR MMO? Honestly?

It's like SWG, except you can legitimately have all the damn jedi you want.

Posted: Jun 20th 2008 6:10PM (Unverified) said

I've been salivating over the possibility of this for quite some time now. The occasional tidbit dangled in front of us by the guys here at massively keep that hope alive.

The thought of someone improving on what SWG used to be (before the dark times...before the NGE) is music to my ears.

For too long has fantasy dominated the MMO market. It's time for Sci-Fi to return to reclaim it's crown.

The only thing that will kill my dream is if I hear that SOE are getting involved :\

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014