Posted: Jun 16th 2008 8:11PM (Unverified) said

What a great video! Thanks for posting it, and helping it makes its way around the internets!

Posted: Jun 16th 2008 8:37PM Slob Zombie said

I'd really like to try this game but I can't get a buddy key from the forums and they're trial isn't ready yet. Word is spreading a bit, and the devs and the community need to act on that if they want the game to thrive.

Posted: Jun 16th 2008 11:19PM Anatidae said

Yea. I was thinking about picking up Vanguard but I went with LOTR instead. That decision was strictly based on reports that Vanguard's population was dwindling fast, where as LOTR seems to have a steady pop with a bust coming up in the new expansion.

Posted: Jun 16th 2008 11:57PM (Unverified) said

Vanguard: SoH should be free - to play. See what I did there?

Posted: Jun 17th 2008 7:31AM Ghen said

Its one thing to use a key word like 'free' to get peoples attention.. quite another to use it in every single line of text in an ad.

But if this were announcing free to play it would be forgiven ;)

Posted: Jun 17th 2008 8:02AM (Unverified) said

The lack of a free trial screams "you aren't going to stick around in this game so we need to get your $30 now"

Posted: Jun 17th 2008 9:45AM (Unverified) said

Great video. Personally, I tried VG, but ended up back with WoW. It certainly makes the game look inviting, and if I wasn't playing WoW, I might try Vanguard again (I bought it in January, but didn't play it past the free 30 days).

It doesn't make sense, though, to pay for several subscriptions at once. MMO makers have tried to branch out with different ways to pay, such as micro-transactions, maybe they can come up with a new way that allows you to play when you feel like it without having to pay a monthly fee even if you aren't playing.

In any case, great fan video. Clearly the person that made it is talented and enjoys the game. It was a pleasure to watch, and I'm glad the fan shared their enjoyment.

Posted: Jun 17th 2008 4:24PM Softserve said

I'd love to try this. I would have loved to try it months ago. Unfortunately no one I know has it (to give me a buddy account) and I'm just not in the mood to pay for a MMORPG I can't try first. This game needs a trial download quick.

Posted: Jun 17th 2008 6:28PM (Unverified) said

I bought the game for £8 in Gamestation (UK) and I was told that Game was selling it for £5 but they have not had any copies in for a while (at least where I live).

So far I'm liking it. After the claustrophobic feel of AoC it seems really free form, you can explore anywhere you want. Maybe that's what the trailer is getting at.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 11:45PM (Unverified) said

I agree.. I love the open feeling of the game. Vanguard is tops on PvE game play, and crafting is the best. Huge world .. I am hooked.