Posted: Jun 12th 2008 3:03PM (Unverified) said

Although AO was officially my first MMO, FFXI was the first one I was addicted to, hardcore. This game requires such tremendous amounts of time to progress it just eats you alive. It's charming in a lot of ways, and there's a certain satisfaction you receive when you get an item or reach a milestone like max level due to the difficulty involved that can't really be replicated in a game like WoW, but it's just not a worthwhile game to play unless you have huge boatloads of time to devote.

I hope they create another FF MMO in the future that accounts for peoples needs to sleep, eat, defecate & work. I'd be on board.

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 3:03PM fanguad said

I haven't had a chance to play the new update yet, but one thing that is HUGE is Nomad Moogles in Selbina and Mhaura. Players have been asking for this for years. We'd pretty much given up hoping.

For non-players - Selbina and Mhaura are small fishing villages in areas frequented by players level 13-20. Nomad Moogles allow you to change jobs and access your stored items. Having to run all the back to (or from) your home city was a giant PITA.

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 4:01PM (Unverified) said

I left this game a little after ToAU was originally released after playing this game since the PS2 launch. Though I moved on to other things, I kept up with most of the updates listed on various sites and have been looking back at this game with rose tinted glasses lately.

My interest has peaked since the release of WotG and I keep getting excited thinking about my past accomplishments and what I never got to finish, but then I get into a lull thinking about what made this game so difficult and time consuming to begin with.

Long level grinds, airship passports for cities and Kazham, Low populated servers which makes parties difficult to assemble, difficulty earning money and the ever infamous goldseller NM campers. It all makes me very frustrated and just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So here's my question: Would non HNM camping endgame (dynamis, missions, salvage etc.) be worth coming back to despite my complaints? Or has nothing really changed and I should I just stick to whatever I was doing before?

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 4:03PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 4:39PM (Unverified) said

Rumune, if you didn't like the game before, you won't like it now. Most of the changes have been made are just smoothing out what's already there, not really fundamentally changing gameplay.

Personally, I still log in 1-3 days a week, and though I have a couple 75 jobs, I'm not involved in any endgame activities.

Posted: Jun 18th 2008 7:20AM (Unverified) said

This update has brought endgame to a casual level in FFXI. It takes almost no effort to participate in the ZNM system, and the rewards are spectacular.

Betawatch: April 12 - 18, 2014