Posted: Jun 6th 2008 12:05AM (Unverified) said

Thank you guys for getting on this topic, it really helps knowing that there are PvE elements in the endgame scenario. Even though RvR will be huge its nice to know that there will be variety.

Posted: Jun 7th 2008 6:25PM NvizioN801 said

I think it's really cool that to open end-game bosses you have to RvR.
That's actually an amazing idea.
I'm stoked to see how it turns out.

I'd just hate to play a realm that sucks at RvR..

Posted: Jun 9th 2008 6:20PM (Unverified) said

Biggest thing that's on my mind is whether these "raids" will require a the same number of people like WOW (25); that will probably decide whether I'll be playing this or not.

Posted: Jun 11th 2008 10:41AM Chriskovo said

• 1 heart
Wow reading this, it might mean a deal breaker for most players. I mean come on you have to wait to sack a city before you get to raid a boss? Real people live on schedules and cant wait for the game to ALLOW them to raid. I mean come on i only have a limited time to play most of the time because of RL and id like to raid on my schedule. I like the fact that in wow i can sign up for a raid on the weekend and have immediate access to it, no muss no fuss. If they impliment it the way they are talking here its going to drive away alot of the older crowd. Which is also usually the more competent and mature people. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 5:06PM (Unverified) said

"I like the fact that in wow i can sign up for a raid on the weekend and have immediate access to it, no muss no fuss."

2 things:
1. You can still raid on your own schedule via WAR's public quest system.
2. When a faction's capitol is ransacked, the raid instances are open to you for like a week, so it is quite flexible when you raid.

"If they impliment it the way they are talking here its going to drive away alot of the older crowd."

You can still raid, but you can't farm the same raid boss repeatedly ad nauseum. This will not have much of an impact considering most people hate playing the same shit for the 50th time in a row.

Posted: Jun 13th 2008 9:04AM Chriskovo said

Already playing public quests and they are not the same thing. They are fun mind you but they are not a real raid. Not to mention that the pqs mainly benifit the people doing the most dps with loot so the healers are always screwed.

A week is not enough time, and you would never know what week you could get in, scheduling would be a bitch for big raids.

Also now that wow has opened up its raids to everyone its alot less boringing. Do Black temple one week then switch to Mount Hyjal or goto SSC or ZA. By time you get back to one you were bored with its not as boring then.

Posted: Jun 14th 2008 10:06PM (Unverified) said

Hey mate...if u dont like how the game system works...or if u dont ,as u say, have time to play in Raids... dont play the game! Or just sit tight in your WoW plaything...

U can instead pvp a lot , cause pvp is fun...WaR is mainly about PVP (RvR) ... So whoever doesn't like this...dont play the Game! Stay with WoW or LOTRO ..i dont know...

P.S.: I hate of ppl comparing MMOS ...(e.g. : wow is better, l2 is better, this is better of that, this doesn't have the feature of that mmo!)... ffs ! I am not saying u are one of them! But i cant this mmo comparison things...

Posted: Jul 2nd 2008 9:24PM (Unverified) said

Well if you're really in the Beta, you're violating the NDA. All you're supposed to say is that yes, there is a beta, and that you're in it.

Posted: Jul 8th 2008 5:23PM (Unverified) said

Honestly, if you only dip into a raid once/month in WoW you'll burn most of your raid out fast by never progressing. By the very nature of the way that game is set up it takes awhile to train up people on how the fights work. So saying you can skip around on a week by week basis is pretty naive, unless you have the content on farm status in which case who really cares?

Now maybe you can flip-flop between two different raids, sure. But from everything I've experianced in order to get anywhere raiding in WoW you have to dedicate a decent chunk of time (we run an extremely light schedule - 2 nights, 3 hours a night - and even that seems like a chore some weeks). Especially once you add in things like rep grinds, repair grinds, consumable grinds... you get the picture.

I, personally, am looking forward to a game I won't have to schedule my time around in order to feel like I'm progressing. I love the idea of the PQ's, especially with there being what - like 300 in at launch? Sounds like something cool to grab a bunch of guildmates up and do when the bug hits us, and not being hung up by 3-4 people not making it online is even better sounding.

Last I heard they were still tweaking the way the loot was handled as well (from this past Origin convention - there's a youtube video up in 3 parts from the convention that's worth checking out). I'm pretty hopeful they get a good mix between tanks/DPS/healers for their contribution. That sort of thing would take time though, so maybe you just haven't seen the most recent version yet?

In any case, I'm ready for something far more casual than the endless grind that Bliz seems to think takes the place of fun. I'm hopeful it will be WAR - only time will tell.

Posted: Jul 24th 2008 11:51AM (Unverified) said

PQs are NOT raids. They are a mindless zerg fest of kill 30 archers now kill 15 mages now all zerg the boss mob if your side is the one that doesnt have a tank you get the dps to kite the boss.

If your side has a tank then you have the boss mob tanked everyone else just hits it. The end roll on loot /rinse/repeat.

There is 0 strategy involved in public quests. Good idea, terrible execution.

Posted: Jul 30th 2008 1:05PM (Unverified) said

No more boring, end-game, nerd-heavy raids? YAHOO!! sign me up!