Posted: Jun 4th 2008 9:56AM Nadril said

I have to be honest, that is a horrible list. I mean:

#2 HALO 2: seriously? The game doesn't even deserve to be in a top 300 games list, it was a mediocre FPS and always will be.

#5 Elder Scrolls IV: Can't say I'd put it at a #5 spot, maybe like 45-48 or so.

Also when a person puts a game above another one purely because you pay a bit less, well, I don't really trust it.

Plus Half life and Half life 2 are not mentioned anywhere in this list of top 50 games. Half life alone has been the number 1 game of all time in so many publications I think I've lost count, and is an incredible game. Certainly the half life series deserves a spot over the horrible Halo 2.

Still Guild wars would be pretty good if it wern't for its horrible community.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 2:13PM Alpoe said

Horrible community? Ive always found it better than average and slightly less 8 year old retards running around.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 2:52PM Nadril said

Really? Last time I played (Played the game at launch for about 5 months, than came back somewhere around Factions) I found the community unbearable for several reasons:

(1) They suck. Now, I'm fine with not everyone being an "uber gamer" so to speak. However, when a good 4/5 pug HoH groups wipe on the first PvE encounter test you know that these guys don't know anything. Now this wasn't as bad on release, because this was before more and more touted it and recommended it to every 12 year old who's mommy wouldn't buy them WoW.

(2) Annoying. I couldn't take a step in the towns without seeing some jackass shouting out random comments or starting his own nude dance party. Now, again, this wasn't as bad at launch but when I was there for factions I couldn't stand it a lot of the times.

(3) Elitist. The good players in the game, in my eyes, seem damn elitist. What I meant is that I considered myself to be good in the game. On release my guild was around #250-350 in the world for GvG's -- which could have been higher had we played more at all. However the problem I found was that the decent PvP guilds REQUIRED you to have that stupid "PvP emote" thing, which is only gotten by grinding your ass off at the Hall of Heroes.

Now, this wouldn't be difficult except for the facts that I expressed in (1). Because of this it turned into a horrible twist. On one hand, I couldn't get into these good PvP guilds until I have a certain rank. On the other, however, I couldn't even get that said rank UNLESS I was in one of those guilds.

Never once did I see a (good) PvP guild advertising that would actually take, you know, tryouts. I'd gladly try and see if they think I'm a good player, but because I never played much to begin with I got stuck with all the kids.

That's been my experience in the game anyways.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 3:43PM Alpoe said

Have you even played since Nightfall or Eye of the North?

HoH is always unpredictable, sure, if you pug it your sure to lose many times over, what do you expect, its PvP. And people don't make nude dance parties all the time, but when they do, its always fun. ;) I think you hold a grudge about a few bad times that causing you do dis the entire game.

You do however, have a good point with many guilds and groups in HoH requiring you to have a certain hero ranking. But like you said, you can't even get that rank unless you pug it, but the good groups usually also require the rank. So, ya, your PvP experience there with a pug sucked, as most of you were indeed new to it.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 8:14PM Nadril said

I'll be honest, I haven't played Nightfall. As I said the second time I played (factions) I just got pretty bored of the game overall. Now with Age of Conan out I don't think I'll ever really go back.

Perhaps it is different, I don't know. But I do know that a lot of people in the game were quite annoying.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 10:49AM (Unverified) said

Seriously, some no name site gives some crappy third rate game a top 50 place? Who really cares ... well NC does lol but seriously I don't know a single person who played guildwars longer than a month.

Reasons he places it above wow? Cos he can play offline, I can think of 10 of the top of my head offline RPG games that are far far superior to Guildwars.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 4:05PM cray said

ghiest, try playing it more than a month, there's alot more to the game than what you see in the beginning. I actually was one those who quit the game thinking it was simpleminded, but I when I returned I rediscovered that the game is highly competitive in PvP. The metagame constantly changes and there's no perfect build.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014