Posted: Jun 4th 2008 7:38PM Boruk said

So let me get this straight? If this rumor is somehow true, there will be 2 Stargate MMO's out in the world at some point?

Isn't that grounds for a infringement lawsuit?

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 7:42PM Triskelion said

LOL....someone may want to tell Cheyenne Studios about this.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 11:01PM (Unverified) said

ya, this makes no sense at all to have two Stargate MMO's. it just wouldn't happen. if anything, it would be possibly a BSG MMO, since that's their biggest franchise right now.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 2:07AM (Unverified) said

A Battlestar Galactica MMO would make more sense, but people from Sci-Fi stated that it would be too hard to incorporate - that it would be better to start from scratch. That way they don't have the baggage of a show's canon established over years to work around.

The G4 article seems to based off the LA Times piece, the same one that was my source when the story broke. Only they've inserted 'Stargate' in the place of 'Sci-Fi'. Maybe G4 made an assumption, but how many years has Stargate been running? Using SG would contradict what Sci-Fi execs are saying about the decision to start with a fresh IP.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 3:18AM (Unverified) said

Maybe it's based on Caprica? I mean... It could happen.

I'm thinking it'll be a currently unannounced show designed to go with the MMO from the ground up.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 4:41AM (Unverified) said

Hmm.

When is Caprica slated to launch? As far as I know the show was actually written a long time ago, so it would really depend on funding/production.

The Sci-Fi Channel MMO project is supposed to be a summer 2010 launch.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 4:54AM (Unverified) said

Looks like their miniseries is supposed to be out in December 2008. If i wanted to go ahead and have a pipe dream over here for a minute, the one could tie events from a Caprica TV show into an mmo about the first war with the Cylons.

That's probably stretching it really far, though.

Posted: Jun 9th 2008 5:03PM (Unverified) said

At first I thought it may be a Caprica MMO but since it says its coming out in 2010 I'm thinking its not. I could think of a spin-off show that would be interesting and would also make a good MMO but it would be really high speculation because I haven't even heard of this show in the making. That would be another Dr. Who spin-off but before the time war. Before the time war their were a lot of time agents so people could play a time agent and go backwards and forward in time. Its a huge stretch but a nice thought.

Posted: Jun 11th 2008 1:33AM (Unverified) said

There is a stargate MMO in the works.

I've seen footage. It borrows a bit from WoW but definately has a Stargate aesthetic to it.

It looks really cool.