Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 7:39PM (Unverified) said

So this means that you actually don't fight "player" defenders to take the city?
That's pretty disapointing if everyone defending is an NPC.
I'm confused now though.
So is all RvR instanced combat,
or do the players who lay seige to keeps actually fight other players?

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 12:45AM skaltrum said

@goatguy400

Not all RvR is instanced. Capturing the city is instanced, and once captured it becomes open game allowing everyone to enjoy the new rewards. And you are fighting other players. By defenders I'm assuming they mean the other realm. Perhaps there will be NPCs along with? The last quest to kill the king is also instanced.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 4:00PM (Unverified) said

There are great rewards for successfully attacking the enemy capital, but are there any rewards for successfully defending your capital during an attack? When the game resets the zones, is that like everything starts over from scratch? Is this the same thing that happens when the capital is captured?

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 9:55PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Are you Kidding me??? I am going to lose my capital city because the other side did more quests than me????? so what happens I am walking down the street and all of a sudden the place tranforms into the new zone where they can come in??? that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!!!!! If someone is going to take my city they should have to do it by taking it from my cold corpse. There should be a grand assault and fighting in the streets not because 48 people ran some quest faster than the other team what happened to hundreds of people defending the city!!!!! total rip off, they better change that

Posted: Jun 9th 2008 3:32PM (Unverified) said

When the city hits contested (this stuff starts) you get a choice to fight or flee. If you fight, you end up in an instance. If you flee, you get ported to the refugee camp outside of town, where some basic vendors are and probably not much else.

I would suggest fighting, and encouraging everyone else to fight.

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 10:38PM (Unverified) said

"If someone is going to take my city they should have to do it by taking it from my cold corpse. There should be a grand assault and fighting in the streets not because 48 people ran some quest faster than the other team"

You totally misread. There is a grand assault, and there is fighting in the streets. The "quests" that you are competing to do is are PVP in nature, not PVE. Your objective is to kill defending players, not kill X amount of npcs.

Posted: Jun 4th 2008 11:05PM (Unverified) said

"The contested city instance is capped at 48 vs. 48 players, and the winner is chosen based on the success or failure of all instances that are in play. If the invaders complete more instanced public quests, they take the city. If the defenders complete more of the instanced public quests, they hold the line."

so.. yea.. its vs players

if there are 80 players on each side, there will be two instances of 40v40
you kill each other whilst doing the quests
might wanna read before ya rant

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM