Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 8:59AM (Unverified) said

Just wondering if you folks had heard of a little game called World of Warcraft. Engineers? Flying Machines and Turbo-Charged Flying Machines?

I'm just saying...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 4:53PM (Unverified) said

You can't be serious?

Engineers are a huge part of the Warhammer Lore, and dates back to before World of Warcraft was actually released as a game. I'm fairly sure the lore was established before warcrafts as well... but that's besides the point.

Get a grip. World of Warcraft aren't having anything stolen from them. I enjoyed WoW - but it wasn't the inventor of all things great in an MMO.

In fact, it used many of the features present in previous MMOs before it.

Which isn't a bad thing. It took the things that worked and made them better. They didn't invent 'builds' or 'abilities' or most of their other features that made the game good. They expanded on already established concepts and mechanics.

If WAR does that too, then who the hell cares?

But, you know, "I'm just saying..."

Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 8:56PM (Unverified) said

Sure they heard of it, where do you think Warcraft stole its ideas from? Yeah, thats right....WARHAMMER!!

WAAAAAAGH!!!

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 9:58AM (Unverified) said

You guys are completely missing my point. The original post said (1) non-living mounts are rare and (2) "the new Dwarven mounts" in WAR.
All I'm saying is (1) ten million people play a game where mechanical mounts are available and (2) I don't know when the warhammer world started with the gyrocopters, but Warcraft II had flying machines. (Okay, let's just stick with #1...)

Nowhere did I accuse Warhammer of anything. I accused (?) the OP of missing something fairly obvious.

You guys need to cut back on the caffeine.

Posted: Jun 5th 2008 1:05PM (Unverified) said

Well then, I apologise, I thought you were saying that W.a.R was just copying Warcraft... which is quite obviously unjustified, incorrect, and pointless, argument.

If you are not saying this... then sorry for misinterpreting your comment.

Gyrocopters have been around for a very long period of time in the Warhammer lore. Warcraft took a lot of their lore from Warhammer. But then again, Warhammer took some of their lore from other places too. Teclis for example is a rip-off of another character.

I thought you were being a fan-boi and attacking the game. That's why I defended it. :p

Perfect Ten: New MMOs to watch in 2015

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 12:00PM

WRUP: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 10:00AM