Posted: May 30th 2008 4:02PM (Unverified) said

i'd hit that

Posted: May 30th 2008 4:44PM (Unverified) said

Me too. Mind you, the PC game that (story-wise) is a sequel wasn't bad, I though.

Anaaheutz

Posted: May 30th 2008 4:37PM (Unverified) said

As would I. A lot could really be done with the franchise, or even with a new world setting similar in concept. People keep talking about the 'next generation' of MMOs, but keep thinking along the same as the games that already exist. Something like this has the potential to really break free and hit new ground.

Posted: May 30th 2008 7:51PM Learethak said

Since I first started playing MMOs the two games I desperately wanted to see brought to life were Warhammer 40K and Tron.

I would be very very happy to see this happen.

Posted: May 30th 2008 10:02PM (Unverified) said

Based on the movie alone, I would say LOLWTFNO, but the PC video game based on it did very well with me, I still remember it very fondly. So perhaps there's hope for the concept yet. Obviously it would have to be based on a vastly expanded lore. The movie just doesn't show enough of the world to build a universe on.

But TRON 2.0 (the game) took these thin premises and made impressive strides with them.

I'd say there's hope, if you approached it in the same way as the TRON 2.0 team.

Posted: May 31st 2008 1:00PM (Unverified) said

I could see this being a great PvP style MMO. Though I'm not a PvP fan myself, I'd certainly give this a try, if it were to happen.

Posted: Jun 1st 2008 5:22PM (Unverified) said

There could be an interesting mechanic of treating the character as the "program", and the player as the "user", much like the first scene with Jeff Bridges working with his program Klu.

That would be a fantastic little bit of meta-gaming I could wholly get behind.

Just the language of calling characters "programs" and players "users" would be awesome.