Posted: May 30th 2008 6:52PM (Unverified) said

I like how he refused to call out WoW for having symmetry between the realms. We all know who he was talking about. Not sure how I feel about the possibility of moving up the level cap, I prefer DAoC's take on it (MLs, CLs, etc.) or no extras at all except RvR abilities and equipment.

Posted: May 31st 2008 7:01PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, I got that feeling too when reading his answer on symmetry. Not to start flames or anything, but man did Blizzard ever cop out on that by, rather than working on proper balance, they just give each side the classes in question that caused the problem in the first place (Paladin / Shaman).

All in all, great interview and I'm really glad to see that they've given great consideration to future itemization based on possible level cap raises, etc. That's something that can really kill a game... mudflation to the extreme, and you really seem to have to plan for it right from the get go instead of trying to deal with it when it happens.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 5:59PM (Unverified) said

"Not sure how I feel about the possibility of moving up the level cap"

read it again please....

"Yeah, we've definitely got plans for all of that, a lot of our plans extend well beyond our current level cap, just in case ... it's good to design the things with the glass ceiling there"

Ok, to me I interpret that as him saying, 'the best way to design a game is to keep all the code created DYNAMIC'
That does NOT mean in an expansion they are going to up the level cap, it just means if the time ever comes, IF the time comes then the game code already in place to allow expansion

Posted: Jun 7th 2008 4:18AM (Unverified) said

Yeah I understood that, I can read. I also said the possibility, not the likelihood (Read it again, the POSSIBILITY, as in it's possible). My use of vocabulary was in line with Enright's tone. Not that I expect it to happen, I just rather it not and gave my point of view on how I prefer to see PvE expansion done.