Posted: May 29th 2008 11:23AM (Unverified) said

Oh man, looking at those screens is making me drool. I loved Mythos as it was, but with all these changes, it looks so much better now it's jaw dropping. I can't wait until I have the time to log in and run around in it...

Posted: May 29th 2008 12:31PM (Unverified) said

AUGH! I wish devs would realize that not everything has to be WOW. I liked this game the way it was. The map system / travel points were my favorite part :(

I guess I'll have to try this though to see if I can find any pros for the new system.

Posted: May 29th 2008 2:44PM (Unverified) said

I am in the beta and have a question which I haven't found the answer to on the boards:

Is there a way to play in 3rd person non-isometric view (WoW default camera view)?

All of those screenshots would seem to indicate that there is.

Thanks!

Posted: May 30th 2008 11:27AM (Unverified) said

hey, i'm not in the beta and the wait for OB is killing me. I enrolled and waited about 4 weeks, but i dont seem to be able to get in. would you happen to be able to invite me?

Posted: May 31st 2008 9:05PM (Unverified) said

If I had invites, I would :) I think the people at Flagship are just making people wait for open beta. I was lucky enough to get an invite from a friend back when they were giving them out, and whenever I got invites in turn, I'd give them away first come, first serve. I always ran out in minutes.
So anyway, I headed to the Mythos IRC channel to see if maybe they might have one or two to give away, and there was this big message saying "Don't ask for any Beta invites, there AREN'T ANY!", but right NEXT to that was a message telling to register for a possible invite on Mythos.com. I know you have already registered, so maybe that means they will be letting some more people in soon?

Posted: May 29th 2008 4:06PM (Unverified) said

brandon, I wish kids would realize that not every MMO feature originally came from WoW. Having a static world in an MMO is actually a pretty old feature for online games. The same goes for having maps, and in-game mail, and swords, etc.

Virtually everyone on the forums and everyone who was online last night loved the changes. There were bugs and some long load times for the people who didn't have much RAM, but it went about as smoothly as we could have expected it to, considering that they remade the entire area, added new content, slimmed down the ingredient list, fixed bugs, and balanced almost all of the skills in one patch.

As I said on the Mythos forum: Huge, huge improvement in a lot of different areas. It actually feels like a real game now. It was good before, but it was missing something. And this was it.

Posted: May 29th 2008 5:41PM (Unverified) said

@Theadrick -- go to Options > Display tab, turn ON Advanced Camera Control, and turn OFF Pitch Lock, and you'll be able to move the camera in closer. The very closest shots were taken in Vanity mode ('V'). The ones taken at a distance are the normal view when you unlock pitch, use advanced camera, and zoom in as much as you can. You can't yet (as far as I know) get as close as in WoW.

Posted: May 29th 2008 8:23PM (Unverified) said

I'm so incredibly sick of cartoon graphics. I fully realize that a game's graphics are just a piece of the whole puzzle, but cartoon graphics become a major obstacle for my enjoyment after 3+ years of WoW. Hell, Mythos is looking more WoW-like than even WAR, especially screenshot 11/15.

Posted: May 30th 2008 10:22AM (Unverified) said

I've played last night an i found it magnificent. I love the feeling of freedom of the overworld. This game is incredible and i can't wait to see it's final version.

Posted: May 30th 2008 2:49PM (Unverified) said

Fester, keep in mind Warhammer's art style has been around far longer than any Warcraft game. Warcraft and Starcraft are just Warhammer without the license hehehe. Also, to get close like other MMOs, there is a follow cam option in the Game tab of the Options.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 3:27AM (Unverified) said

Ugh.

I don't really want to judge a game I have yet to try, but seeing those screenshots :/. It now looks just like any other run of the mill MMO out there. Having played FlyFF for about a year I were looking for something different and mythos appeared to have it. Not any longer I am afraid. Need to find some ingame video to make sure.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2008 1:22PM (Unverified) said

When the heck is the open beta?
I really want to try this out!