Posted: May 28th 2008 12:01PM (Unverified) said

The Bear Shamans didn't have their abilities moved down, there was a bug where they were not receiving their level 40 spells at all. This just fixes that for those currently leveling and allows those who have leveled past 40 to eventually get those spells

Posted: May 28th 2008 1:04PM (Unverified) said

Its a shame that the forums are not public to read! It feels like Funcom have something to hide :(

Posted: May 28th 2008 1:18PM (Unverified) said

They do have stuff to hide. It's an MMO and they are hardly Blizzard. There is stuff that is flat out broke and components that make very little if any sense. All that being said, this is the best MMO I have ever played and I plan on staying for a long time.

Honestly, you don't want to see the forums anyway. Marketing this game as "mature" by promoting nudity and fatalities drew in a HUGE crowd of people I can only describe as Counter-Strike kiddies. The complaints range from the legitimate to, "LOL< i wus corps camping this guy and after an hout a GM TOLD ME TO DTOP!?! THIS GAME IS SO CAREBEAR!!!!1!hsift-one!!"

That last part isn't verbatim, but it happened. Seven people in a guild were corpse camping people and they threw a hissy fit when a GM came and told them to move along. The game is hardcore(you can corpse camp people) Funcom has just drawn a line when hardcore transitions to blatant stupidity. Sadly, there are a lot of people in the community who wanted stupidity. I'm hoping their time in Hyboria is coming to an end when their subscription lapses.

Posted: May 28th 2008 2:50PM Nadril said

The forums are a cesspool of idiots, I wouldn't go there. There's a mix of the kind of guys you get with a hardcore PvP game (not dissing it, I'm a hardcore PvPer myself) and you have people that thought the game should have been perfect, no bugs at all, on day one.

Pretty much I'm a subscriber and the forums only highlight the negative parts of the game (which if you listen to some rants its silly). I think the most common QQed about issue was the idea of zones, in which I found odd because they stated it would be split into zones a while ago.

Other than that its just people trying to make a big issue out of nothing. DEAR GOD I CAN'T READ CHAT THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE! (although they fixed that). You get the idea though.

Posted: May 28th 2008 1:32PM (Unverified) said

There will always be stupidity in every game, can't get rid of it. You can only make enduring it worthwhile through good gameplay.

I'm really enjoying AoC too right now. They've stolen a lot of great ideas from WoW and added a few more good ideas of their own, like the skill-based combat system. It's really tricky! Easy to learn, hard to master.

Posted: May 28th 2008 1:45PM (Unverified) said

I can see the combat system being one of the enduring contributions to future MMO's. It's a lot of fun to chain combinations of attacks together...I just wish my Bear Shaman hit harder when making all of those beautiful attacks. =- )

What I hope is an even longer lasting trait that is taken from Funcom is their stance on exploiters. Funcom just wtfpwned entire guilds because their members were duping gold and seeing the tears shed on the forum was a precious moment. I...I got a little misty-eyed from overwhelming joy. If only NCsoft took this stance in L2 years ago I might still care about that game. Anywho, Funcom has done an admirable job slamming people who were trying to ruin the game for everyone.

Their zero tolerance policy is working wonders already.

Posted: May 28th 2008 2:03PM HadesLotD said

In case they delete it:

************************************************** **
I'm hearing from other leaders I know that they have been banned, and apparently all they did was collect and store gold that their members turned into them to use their city. This has me especially worried because we've been doing the same thing to collect money from our members.

Unless you turn on the ability for us to tax the membership, then manual collection or email collection are going to result in a few guild leaders having a lot of gold. Heck, no one I know even knows how to turn on the guild tax system (if its even in).

Please clarify if you intend to ban guild leaders for having large amounts of money, even though it came from collections from their membership.

Upon further review, Funcom has wiped 19Gold off of our chapter leaders account. That gold was pooled from 100 members playing around the clock the first week of release along with previous donations. Please correct your policy decisions, or just get rid of guilds in game if we're going to be penalized like this.
__________________
Guildmaster
Lords of the Dead
www.lotd.org
************************************************** ******
Greetings,

All account related questions must be taken up with customer support as we cannot address any of those issues in the public. You can reach customer support at support@ageofconan.com

__________________
Glen 'Famine' Swan
Community Manager (US) - Age of Conan
************************************************** ********************

Ok guild banks just got patched in yesterday. By default the game only lets the 2 highest ranks even access the bank. So large guilds have to manually round up all the member donations, and then get it deposited.

So Funcom in all their wisdom has suspended or banned anyone with over 10 gold, and is investigating each case individually I suppose.

Is it right to punish guilds for trying to compensate for them launching with a lack of tools we need to coordinate and pool resources to build our cities? Is it right to ban entire leadership structures while they take their time to "look into it"?

Apparently this has had a large impact on a lot of large and organized guilds, because naturally their leaders would be walking around with a lot of gold on hand as they collect from their membership.

This has nothing to do with exploiting, but simply doing manual coordination and collection of resources for larger guilds. Its a shame Funcom is laying waste to guilds that were just trying to be organized.

We lost 19 gold off of one of our leaders last night. We're in better shape than a lot of other guilds I know.

Posted: May 28th 2008 2:51PM (Unverified) said

We pooled resources in our guild too. Nothing got taken away. No one was banned. People need to look long and hard at their guildmates instead of blaming Funcom.

The idea that Funcom simply banned everyone or confiscated all of the gold when a person hit a certain amount is...well, good luck guild when you get around to weeding out the exploiters.

Posted: May 29th 2008 10:52AM HadesLotD said

LotD is a reputable guild and we have no history of using exploits. I linked a guildcafe thread where others have also been affected for no apparent reason.

LotD didn't have anyone banned, but we did have one of our city architects running around with 19 gold pooled from the efforts of 100 people. So in Funcom's crackdown, they wiped that gold from him before doing any real investigation. They only investigate after you send in a petition.