Posted: May 26th 2008 2:46PM (Unverified) said

You quoted the press release wrong. Actually Funcom said, "Age of Conan is one of the fastest selling PC games of all time," not "one of the most successful PC titles of all time".

Posted: May 26th 2008 2:51PM (Unverified) said

Conan kicks ass. I'm having a great time. However, Funcom needs to bust ass to fix bugs like the Trader, and get more high level content in quick, or they will not get sub renewals.

Still, I love the game. I see myself playing for at least 6 months. Beautiful game, combat is the best in the genre, and is the music and ambient sound.

Posted: May 26th 2008 5:54PM Azazel28 said

There is always going to be bugs with an MMO but funcom has done a great job since I started playing the closed beta in January. I have been loving them ever since I set my foot in hyboria.

There are a good amount of little bugs and some balance tweaks/exploits to work on. However, nothing here is game breaking. I do agree that the traders need to be back up (they have not been up since the second day of Early Access), the longest WoW's auction how was ever down (that I can remember) was 2 days...and that was big.

Lets hope the pacing continues and Funcom can start working on their first big patch. They have released a few minor (easy fix) issue patches over the last couple days but nothing that is note worthy.

Posted: May 27th 2008 5:20AM (Unverified) said

Any one who ever says "WoW-killer" should automatically be put on ignore. Nothing will kill WoW but time. It's an aging game with lots of problems that come from the core design, and they can't be fixed. Blizzard is obviously already making a new MMO, and hopefully not one set in the Warcraft world, and it will most likely focus on fixing a lot of the core problems WoW has.

There will never be a "WoW-killer", only the evolution of the MMO franchise, which AoC is part of, and future games will also expand upon. MMO's evolve, and if your game can't evolve with the times (as EVE is designed to do), then it will simply die off.

Posted: May 27th 2008 7:52AM phobic99 said

I don;t think many people said it was going to be a WoW killer for a number of reasons (higher system requirements, mature rating, unfamiliar lore *shrug*, etc).

That being said I stopped with WoW over a year ago and can easily say I'm never playing it again. AoC has it's flaws but I'm enjoying the game a lot for the time being.

Posted: Jun 24th 2008 5:00PM (Unverified) said

i was a wow player but i'm not playing anymore. i'm sure after a few time all the players who explored the end game content will stop playing wow. my opinion about wow is simple now. blizzard improves the game with patches for making high amount of money. they way doing this is by making the game easyer for 90% of wow players who have gladiators for example. i'm sure any other game like eve for example where they don't release expansions every year and they release patches only for better graphics will be a wow killer. if age of conan will do this for sure it will be a wow killer coz many wow hardcore players are bored of having t6 wich means nothing in a few moths

Posted: May 27th 2008 1:55PM (Unverified) said

I only have a few complaints with aoc so far (which for me is amazing...)

1) at lvl 40 my gear still looks like im some sort of medival homeless person. On average I think the clothes I washed up on the shore with looked nicer than my quest blues.

2) quests seem to petter out about lvl 34 so I find myself killing alot of grey mobs to complete low level quests

3) the chat system drives me freaking nuts

4) cant see group members on map unless there really close, and there is no "join groups instance" feature so you tend to end up in different instances until you enter a dungeon or something

That and some broken quest lines (the ancient pyramid?) are about my only complaints. Really having a blast even with those problems to be honest :)

Posted: May 27th 2008 8:56PM (Unverified) said

Zapraszam na polskie forum gry: