Posted: May 22nd 2008 9:39PM (Unverified) said

Really does this game still have its original following? I left after the first major combat revamp, they've done so many more since. I can't imagine that even the original hardcore group would stick with it through all those revisions. Would be funny to reactivate my account though, wonder what it would say when I logged in my bounty hunter or tera kasi based on the original skill system.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 12:48AM RogueJedi86 said

I still know a few people who play. They stuck with their characters, and seem to be incredibly tolerant, and evidently haven't given WoW or LotRO a chance.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 4:58AM Ves said

If I'm correct some veteran users got a 33 day trial pass from SOE to play the game (again)

They made some decent changes since last summer but it's not close to Pre-CU according to some.

Posted: Jun 10th 2008 6:10PM smg77 said

There are less than 10,000 people currently playing. Most of the servers are empty and players are screaming for server merges and, as usual, SOE is ignoring them.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 8:23AM (Unverified) said

Should you really need to "fill in the cracks" when the game's five years old? And is it really something to praise them about, since those cracks are entirely their fault?

But, no, round of applause for SOE. Not only did they chase off 90% of their unwanted playerbase, but they're slowly turning it into a playable (albeit not very fun) game. In another five years, I could imagine this game having more features than bugs.

Posted: Jul 29th 2008 12:32AM (Unverified) said

The Cracks that are being filled in arn't game changing anymore. They are Game improvements that the SWG community has voiced about on the forums.. and that SWG is following threw with.
I was there on Launch date, I loved it, then left when I recieved my WoW beta key.... Rescently have been bored and tired with WoW... AoC failed and Vanguard wasn't anyhting to give my time to so I came back to SWG. After hearing all the negative press about the game from so many other gamers I didn't go into it expectimg much. What I did get though when I came back was player houseing again(thank god) a new system that is 100% different from before... that is actually really enjoyable now imho.. and a game that has evolved from a normal MMO where Devs do what they want and people get tired and leave, into a Community of players able to voice there opinions to "Senators"(extremely active players that just wish to help) who then are able to voice the communities thoughts and ideas to the Devs.

I respect SOE for allowing the community to help play a role in making the game better. TBH, alot of other MMOs could really learn from this.

I just rescently came back to the game a couple weeks ago so this will be my 1st Game Update..... and it effects my Expertise style(Beast Master) in an extremely positive way. I am very pleased.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM