Posted: May 23rd 2008 9:50AM (Unverified) said

Ship Customization thing: There is a topic about it on the Eve Forums. I for one think it should be optional just like an option in the menu, if people who went into fleet warfare and even little gang warfare there would be no reason to have custom ships cuz for one it slows down enough when your in fleet combat and the ship will just get blown up and you will have to do it all over again. For people like me though who dont get into pvp that much I think it would be really cool, but give the option to turn it on or off.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 9:40AM (Unverified) said

That's actually a great idea! Never thought about it but it sure makes a hell of a lot of sense when you consider the lag issue in major fleet battles.

CCP, if you're reading this, please do it!

CK

Posted: May 22nd 2008 7:01PM (Unverified) said

Customizable ship exteriors would open up the possibility of ganking industrial players with their own ships, bringing the real-world concept of 'blowback' into sharp relief.

Music: How about an 'eveTunes Music Store' where you can pay ISK for player-created music? Just another economy.

I'd also like to see premium graphics in the Linux/OSX clients... but first I'd like to see them become a little bit more stable. We Mac users are paying customers too, but Transgaming's efforts sometimes leave us feeling a little bit like second-class players.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 9:47AM (Unverified) said

eveTunes Music Store, now there's a brilliant idea! It would fit perfectly with the whole CCP way of looking at the player economy - same as byuying clothes and getting plastic surgery done when Ambulation comes out.

As for the Mac client, I hear you loud and clear on the one. EVE and Macs fit together somehow. Both companies behind these two products see design and aesthetics as of great importance.

I look forward to the day when both a PC and A (full-fledged) Mac client are available when an expansion is released. Just as Blizzard does.

CK

Posted: May 23rd 2008 5:06AM (Unverified) said

Something I'd like to see, and I think this is very likely with Ambulation on the way (Fanfest is the scuttlebut I'm hearing), is EVE movies, with actors, scripts etc. The potential for creating reasonably decent films with the ingame engine is quite something.

I'm not talking about the pseudo trailers that are all explosions and thumping basslines, I'm thinking proper CGI movies with plots, characters, and depth.

Posted: May 23rd 2008 9:50AM (Unverified) said

CGI movies with Ambulation would be sooooo cooool!!!!!

I'm sure that we'll see a few short videos being released by the community after Ambulation comes out. Would CCP consider doing a few good clips to show what's possible. Who knows!

CK

Posted: May 23rd 2008 10:12AM Wgraves said

if i had the option to custom skin all the ships i would just remove the ship models, i have gotten over what the ships look like but i have the mac client and any quantity of ships causes graphical doom.

The mobile eve client would be fantastic, once the iphone/ ipod touch software thing settles out hopefully we could see a client for that? i know i could do 90% of what i do in eve with the overview/ station menus, graphics really are overrated in this day in age and its a real shame they place graphics over playability. C'mon ipod client :P

Unfortunately to disagree with you i believe the setup and organization of your hangers helps with the speed of a fitting and the time it takes is part of the "realistic" time it would take to refit a multi-ton weapon/module. This also keeps people from speed refitting in station during a station camp.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 2:55PM (Unverified) said

Good point about the 'speed refitting' issue, though I'd still like to see the feature. Maybe you could do both, though have a time penalty if one uses the speed refitting.

CK

Posted: May 23rd 2008 12:51PM (Unverified) said

I am a fan of the Babylon Five music, I have the CD and I play that on a boom box when I get tired of the Eve Ambient music.

Today is my characters fourth anniversary in Eve Online, so I have had a long time to get overexposed to the old Eve score.

Frankly, as far as Eve sounds go, I would like a sound that means "Alert" when someone targets you. As it is now, you hear the same sound if anyone targets anything in your vicinity.

As to skinning the ships, I do not see why the PLAYER"S CORP LOGO could not be mapped onto the side of the ship. The image is already using the graphics that are already in the client cache, after all.

And lastly, I would pay about a million ISK for a song I liked if I could buy it in-game and not have to manually do file manipulations to add it to my player list.

Good Blog, keep it up.

My blog is at www.republicanswar.com but it has nothing to do with Eve.

-Aramis Rosicrux (in Eve universe)

Posted: Jun 3rd 2008 2:57PM (Unverified) said

Mmm, buying your music in-game with ISK. An interesting concept.

CK

Posted: Jun 7th 2008 12:05PM (Unverified) said

I would love to see EVE graphic novels, particularly if the artwork was similar to the illustrations that accompany some of the fiction at the official site -- that gritty, painted look... or something Dave McKean-style.

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 9:12AM (Unverified) said

If you ever had a chance to flip through the pages of The Art of EVE, you know that there must be a ton of stuff hiding in Reykjavik somewhere in CCP vaults.

Who knows, with The Empyrean Age novel being released on the 19th, we may have a chance to see more lore books in the future.

/me wonders what CCP White Wolf is doing about the lore books!

CK

Posted: Jun 12th 2008 12:47PM (Unverified) said

Huge White Wolf fan here. At least I was through 2nd Edition. Haven't kept up with the newer World of Darkness setting. Looking forward to the World of Darkness MMO.

I don't have The Art of EVE, but after hearing your last podcast, I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting the map book.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 4:38PM missingpiece said

Hej!

I have read a dozen articles explaining how to get the music OUT of Eve's stuff files. But how do I get music INTO there, as you say in this blog entry you are doing ?!

I appreciate any help...

Posted: Oct 3rd 2008 12:46PM (Unverified) said

Thanks David for mentioning my music in this thread.

Oh and it is now 12 tracks (+ a remake) .. and soon to 13 ;)

Cheers!!