Posted: May 20th 2008 11:27AM Triskelion said

Sorry to say, but I was very disappointed in the CE. The cds are basically coasters since the EA client is more then 3+ weeks newer then the cds. Probably the most fun part of getting a new game is pumping those cds into the cd tray and loading the game.

The art book was nice, probably the best part - but you read that once or twice and you're done.

Nice box, nice presentation - very thin with content.

Posted: May 20th 2008 11:45AM (Unverified) said

The CE is not sold out. The Best Buy store near me had 4 copies on the shelves.

Posted: May 20th 2008 12:37PM Alarie said

The map that comes with it can either give you a serious high or a serious headache.

Dude, pass the map...

Posted: May 20th 2008 12:50PM (Unverified) said

I was going to say the same thing. My box stank horribly when I opened it and I figured it came from the leather map. I'm getting a serious buzz from it. I wonder if I can sell it to come high school kids.

Personally, I thought the CD was pretty nice. The DVD's are good if you need to install it on another machine, or a fresh install, since not every one downloaded the 13.4GB Early Access client. A lot of people will actually use the DVD's.

Will have to check out the Bonus DVD content and see what that's like, and give the soundtrack a listening to.

The box is really beautiful too, nicer than any other CE boxes I have in my collection, including all the Blizzard one's they've ever done. I think overall it's a very good Collector's Edition, although a bit smell.

I still think though that Mythic's Warhammer Online will beat all other CE's ever made, it looks amazing and have that pre-ordered.

Posted: May 20th 2008 1:17PM (Unverified) said

"I wonder if I can sell it to come high school kids." Ha. I find the smelly map situation hilarious. For whatever reason.

Cool looking CE though.

Posted: May 20th 2008 2:40PM Gameraboy said

Can you share the buddy keys with people who don't have access to your DVD? I'm going to pick up the CE, but my buddy lives about 2,000 miles away so I can't just hand him the dvd to install. Is there a server or link somewhere that you can use to download the client directly, that my buddy could use?

Posted: May 21st 2008 10:10PM (Unverified) said

Nice that you got your CE. Must not have pre-ordered from Amazon:

Posted: May 26th 2008 10:38AM (Unverified) said

I have an even bigger problem. Got my Collectors today but there was no dvd2 in it.... And i haven't played the early access thing.. so pretty shitty...