Posted: May 14th 2008 10:03PM (Unverified) said

Smedly can roll over and die for all I care. SOE probably has no developers coming up with anything more complex the this "Free Realms" crap. SOE has screwed over more customers then any other company in the history of gaming. I dont care if their game is actually passable...for once. I won't play it and i can think of about 300k other mmo players who wont either.

Posted: May 16th 2008 10:19PM (Unverified) said

I agree. I have yet to forgive SOE for the Star Wars Galaxies debacle. They've got a long way to go before I'll consider getting into one of their virtual worlds again. I'll be watching closely to see what the agency is all about, hopefully they can turn things around and stop being the graveyard of mmog's.

Posted: May 17th 2008 5:37PM (Unverified) said

I will not touch a SOE developed game EVER.

RIP pre-nge SWG

Posted: May 19th 2008 9:24AM BobDole said

Gotta agree with the previous posts. I'm an ex-SWG'r currently in the market for a new MMO, and let me tell you, I won't touch another SOE game (developed, published etc) until this guy stops acting like a sleazy used car salesman and apologizes for the mess that is the SWG-NGE.
To be honest, I'm actually pretty shocked he was keynoting anything but a 'how to screw your customers' conference. Nobody in the MMO industry in their right mind should be looking to J.Smed for any kind of advice/wisdom on how to do business. Quite the opposite in fact. Watch what he does, then do the opposite, and you have a chance of success.
My two bits.

Posted: May 28th 2008 12:47PM (Unverified) said

Lol. I'm amazed that this article was linked to with comments as they are on here. I come from a niche background, a bringer of EQ2 PvP and its bearings. Largely, we are those who feel SOE employs policies on notes of "don't ask, don't tell" in regard to their PvP servers. They closed their PvP Test server, and where administrators or developers actively respond in other areas of their forums, PvP Discussion is largely left without a keen consideration.

Of course, I can only offer my comments as an attempt to garner interest in my thread on suggestions I believe to be solid solutions for stimulating something substantial in the PvP spectrum. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=417731

It's amazing to me that Smedly acts like SOE is rennovating their rationale in regard to their MMOG relations, but honestly, lackluster and practically nonexistant communication between those in charge (with the consumers) is definitely no deft decision for development. Bringing back the guide program is an excellent item for evaluating a new energy in their MMOG municipalities.

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM