Posted: May 10th 2008 10:51AM Azazel28 said

IF Barbie can be handed to little girls without nipples and a full EE rack then I believe that having an option to not show nipples should be well more then enough to appease the religious/censorship zealots.

Posted: May 29th 2008 11:08PM (Unverified) said

Why should we appease to zealots in the first place? IF we have a good reason to appease to zealots, why we do not force our girls to wear burqa's?

We should stopp appeasing to zealots of all color and free ourself once and for all from this hazardous kind.

Posted: May 10th 2008 11:30AM Alarie said

I don't agree. It's the lore of Conan. Those people that want the bar probably do not even read the Conan stories. So why have this censorship in the game?

The books have way more sexual feel than what I've seen in this game so far.

But money rules the world, so I guess if Funcom wants to put the option to block this out more power to em. But you people that want this option, should you really be playing this game in the first place?

Posted: May 11th 2008 8:34AM Ghen said

Why is sex worse than violence?

Posted: May 12th 2008 7:06PM (Unverified) said

The core material and game are [M]ature rated. If Funcom is pressured into spending work hours to tame this portion of the game then why not the prostitution? Gratuitous violence? Alternate gods that don't fit the Judeo-Christian mold?

No. If you don't like nipples or any other theme in the game then don't play a game that has been advertised for years as having mature themes that included nudity. EVERYONE could say "I love the game, but..." and demand that something be changed. If we're talking about something as intwined in Conan lore as sexuality then why not just scrap the whole damn thing?!

As a Baptist I carry my love of God internally and I bristle at the idea that others should cater to my interests especially something as trivial as nipples. This is an example of bored people being wholly unwilling to tackle the difficult issues in the World, but all too ready to saber rattle for attention. War, famine, abortion, human rights...but they want something done about nipples in a video game. They should be ashamed of themselves for using God as a justification for their attention whoring.

These people sound like the same folks that would leave their gated community just long enough to go to the seediest part of town and picket a strip club for having *gasp* topless women present...well, they'd picket as long as TV cameras were present.

Posted: May 12th 2008 11:47PM (Unverified) said

why do people call it censorship? If you can toggle it on and off on your own computer that's not censorship. censorship is controlling what other people see or read.

It's a non issue for me. Now if people were telling me I couldn't see the nudity if I chose too. Different story

Posted: May 31st 2008 5:33PM (Unverified) said

I don't get the petition. If you don't want people to see your nipples, keep your top on. It's not like the game forces you to strip.

Wear a shirt or jerkin or even a bikini top, as you like. Just like in real life ... or do they want the freedom to go topless with no one else able to see? I don't get it.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM