Posted: Apr 29th 2008 6:21PM (Unverified) said

each time I see a news on Mythos, I think FSS dropped HG:L...
Is there crafting in HG:L ? no.
There's also more interesting skills for each class in Mythos.
WTF ?!!

Posted: Apr 29th 2008 7:11PM (Unverified) said

Flagship deserves no spots in any gaming media until they fix the travesty that is Failgate: Bugdom. They are nothing but con artists, and it sickens me to see Massively spotlight them as though they are a serious development house rather than as the money grubbing idiots they truly are.

Want to know the real FSS? Download patch 1.3, have your items disappear and your experience lost. Savor the flavor that is fail known as Flagship by simply playing Hellgate. Giving these guys any serious airtime is robbing the public, Massively.

Posted: Apr 29th 2008 7:13PM (Unverified) said

We've written *a lot* about the troubles with Hellgate: London. But that's a different game. Mythos is a lot of fun and is only getting better... well, in my opinion anyway. I personally haven't played Hellgate: London, so why should I drag baggage from that game over to this one?

Posted: Apr 29th 2008 10:48PM (Unverified) said

My comments weren't intended as a slam against Massively, I really enjoy this site and the news it publishes. Massively is in my RSS feeds.

Personally, on the subject of Flagship Studios, in my view they need to do a lot better than what they have shown us so far. Mythos is fun, I will give them that, but the fact that their free game is more fun that the one in the box that you pay a subscription for just shows how skewed their priorities are. That is why I made the comment that any hype is a disservice; Flagship needs to do something about the game they continuously failed on, and unfortunately misled many people into buying.

Posted: Apr 30th 2008 6:25PM (Unverified) said

FSS knows how important an Real Money Transaction MMO business model is for tomorrow. EA/DICE try´s it with Battlefield Hereos. I´ve played the demo of HG:L and it borings me a lot, so i don´t buying it. Mythos don´t have an publisher who is sitting on the neck of FSS and they can develop Mythos slower and better than an A+ title. I playing the beta long enough to know that this game will make an strong impact when its released for free on the Inet.

Posted: May 1st 2008 10:14PM (Unverified) said

Every time something cool about Mythos gets announced some whiner comes on and has to try to drag down the discussion and bring up HG:L. Let's be clear here. Fate lead designer joined FSS and has his own team that started working on Mythos long before HG:L was released. Some of the brilliant stuff found Mythos has definitely filtered into HG:L. and vice versa. But They are different games and different teams. Mythos is going to be one of the most popular FREE online games once its released. Its addictive... its got fun gameplay.. Key word its FUN. Its very similar to Diablo2 in the sense of doing the little things right. And the next major update that was just announced is going take this game into territory that will in my opinion really challenge a lot of boxed retail games. Don't hammer the whole of FSS because of one game. I always think of bethesda they made a game before morrowind that was on of the buggiest piles of unfinished junk ever and it was heavily hyped. But they rebounded with Morrowind and then redeemed themselves with Oblivion.

FSS can definitely turn the corner in alot of people's eyes. They were trying alot of things with HG:L. This was their First game away from the resources of Blizzard. As far HG:L being a pay to play game this is such a dumb fallacy brought up by naysayers.. The game has a pay to play option. ITS NOT strictly pay to play.
Oh and MYthos is going to have microtransactions. does that make Mythos a bad game? Focus on the facts not the overdone whine and hype.

Posted: May 11th 2008 2:57PM (Unverified) said

Quote:

Response:
Actually, you are kinda mistaken. Mythos was initially a tiny little 1 person project meant to test the client-server architecture that was going to be used for HG:L... FSS saw potential and dedicated a few people to it. After HG:L launched, they put even more developers on it.