Posted: Apr 27th 2008 9:37AM (Unverified) said

well, I'm right handed, but I always use the mouse with my left hand, while using arrow keys and keypad for movement , maneuvers etc.

it just feels right, since I have no problems with using the mouse with either hands.

Posted: Apr 27th 2008 10:29AM (Unverified) said

My control sheme depends on the game I play:

In FPS where precise aiming is vital I use the mouse for turning around (and aiming) and use WASD - but A & D are mapped to straff left and right.

In MMORPGs on the other hand, i need my left hand to control the action hotbar (1-5 & shift+ 1-5) and use the normal arrow keys for moving. Q+E and Del+PageDown are mapped for straffing.

Yesterday I bought the Belkin n52 game pad. I am looking forward to see how it can improve my control sheme

Posted: Apr 27th 2008 10:45AM breezer said

I feel very strongly in favor of WASD. Try though I might, I just can't play a click to move game. Which basically locks me out of every game Korea pumps out every 10 minutes.

WASD is superior in every way. More intricate control, you don't have to do EVERYthing with your right hand. It's more immersive (you're moving with your character with every step, not just sending them on auto-pilot every few yards). I just can't understand why every game from Asia STILL uses click-to-move.

Posted: Apr 27th 2008 2:59PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing a bit of Flyff lately, and with its uncustomizable controls and minimalistic playstyle, I want to just play it with my XBox 360 controller for Windows. Sadly, when I try (using Pinnacle), I can't get it to run in game.

In the meantime, I've resorted to using a Nostromo SpeedPad.

I also argue that the SpeedPad would be the best MMO periperal, bar none, if it simply had one more row of keys up top.

Posted: Apr 27th 2008 3:52PM (Unverified) said

I pretty much agree with breezer, I tend to stick to WASD for all my computer gaming needs.

Posted: Apr 28th 2008 12:29PM (Unverified) said

I use the ZBoard Merc. The numbered hotkeys (1-11) are all within reach of the left hand without moving it from the WASD position. It also works well with FPS games.

I've tried the Switchblade software with EQ2 and an XBox 360 wireless controller. You have to use the WoW presets since they havent developed the EQ2 profile last I checked. It works fine as long as you don't have to switch hotbars.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous