Posted: Apr 20th 2008 7:29PM (Unverified) said

Got to give credit to some of the things Vanguard tried to do, even if it is a failure.

The Blood Mage was an interesting class for healing as was the Disciple. Both of these classes took the healer role and changed how it worked.

They also did a good job with the Cleric class. I've played a healer through several different games (Cleric EQ1, Druid DAoC, Warden EQ2, and Priest WoW) and have to say the VG Cleric was, by far, the most fun to play. You know your point where they take the typical class that focuses on one aspect and make it boring to play? Not the Cleric of VG. With Peace Affinity I had several roles which I could fill; puller, crowd control, scout, party member summoner, healer and debuffer.

Not all classes were like that though, I heard the Rogue and Warrior were sort of lacking and uninteresting compared to the Dreadknight and Paladin... but I have to admit, they made a fun Cleric.

Oh and WoW Hunters rock. :)

Posted: Apr 20th 2008 3:22PM (Unverified) said

I'm gonna have to go with the EQ Bard. Twisting songs, charm kiting, nifty musical instruments-- I miss my old bard!

Posted: Apr 20th 2008 10:10PM (Unverified) said

I have to second the EQ bard vote. Nothing compares to juggling songs, mezzing two mobs, charming a third, and still having a split second to get a buff started before having to re-mez again. All while wearing plate armor, swinging two swords, and helping to speed up down time recovery.

The only down side to a bard, the only one I can remember, is the plate armor. I got confused for a cleric all the time! It ticked people off, and tickled me, to respond to 'rez pls' by just pulling out a lute and dancing a jig over their corpse.

Posted: Apr 20th 2008 8:25PM (Unverified) said

Aww, but I like playing the boring specialists, Cameron. Nothing quite as satisfying as blundering through a field of enemies and watching their attacks plink off your plate, or lobbing fireballs into a melee in AV..

Posted: Apr 22nd 2008 4:59PM (Unverified) said

There's a special place in my heart for AC2's Lugian Juggernauts.

Posted: May 13th 2008 10:47AM (Unverified) said

At the risk of getting flamed I would have to also submit the bard from DDO (Dungeons and Dragons online). While you may argue that the world really isn't 'persistent', you can't deny that the bard was an interesting class to play.

You could spec yourself into a ccing through your songs or spells, buffing, healing, zapping or whacking. I spent many hours levelling different types of bards in that game (since you could multiclass if you wanted) and it was great to do an elite dungeon with a group of players who let me fascinate a room after I buffed the whole party with spells (such as haste or courage) and then healed them as they battled through everything.

Posted: Jul 14th 2008 11:30AM (Unverified) said

Smuggler from SWG

There was just something cool about roleplaying an alcoholic, pistol wiedling, bar brawling, drug dealing smuggler!!!

I used to hang out in the cantinas and push my energy enhancers on the dancers.