Posted: Apr 15th 2008 10:03AM (Unverified) said

While technical explanation of "we're now able to support more users per server" may be true, it feels like they're searching for a way to avoid saying "we're dying a slow and painful death and can't justify two-thirds of our server farm."

Posted: Apr 15th 2008 1:13PM (Unverified) said

When you miss your projected launch numbers by a good margin, lower your client price. Your premium pricing has obviously failed to convince consumers that you've produced a premium product, so let go of the charade.

LotRO, Eve, and Tabula Rasa each got at least a few months of subcription revenue out of me this way. I've even maintained an active subscription to LotRO since they lowered the price of their client. I want to try PotBS at some point, but not while the client still costs $50 for the download edition. Give me a $20 download edition and we'll talk.

Posted: Apr 15th 2008 4:38PM (Unverified) said

WTF they can merge POTBS servers that have only been around a few months but somehow they can't reconcile merging SWG servers that have been dead for years.

Posted: Apr 15th 2008 10:30PM (Unverified) said

"They" in your post are actually two different companies. Flying Lab would be responsible for the merging of PotBS servers as they are its developer. SWG was developed by Sony Online Entertainment and as such are responsible for its servers.

Both MMOs use the SOE Station user account system, launch/patch client. SOE is also the publisher of PotBS. I think initially LucasArts was the publisher of SWG but my memory is failing as to whether they still are.

Point being that SWG and PotBS don't really share a common server architecture or anything.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014