Posted: Apr 10th 2008 3:08PM (Unverified) said

I know what you mean... something about the animations just doesn't look right, particularly for the dwarves.

The melee animations were also somewhat uninspired imho. As it stands right now, if this were to be released the same month as the WoW expansion, I can see myself definately picking up Wrath, but holding off on WAR.

I love the game world, lore, etc, but I'm just not that impressed with the visuals I've seen so far.

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 3:17PM (Unverified) said

I just feel obliged to point to this post which was recently posted by a WAR developer in the WHA forums.

It's pretty much an explanation of where the graphics are at on these videos and screens, and where they're heading with them.

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 3:46PM (Unverified) said

Very Much in agreement with the previous posts. I just wish that maybe the davs would release a little tidbit of what IS actually finished, so we can sudo-apply what we've seen to other areas and get excited about it. I think the term "put your best foot forward" really applies here. I don't think its good to show the public an unfinished product, even if they had good intentions of showing us "Hey look ! we really are coming along with this thing!!".

Good effort, poor execution.

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 3:47PM (Unverified) said

As a side note: I was really pumped about this game, and still am, but maybe a slight bit less than I was before.

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 3:56PM (Unverified) said

I think the graphics look great, but my last MMO was WoW- so I'm not exactly jaded.

I understand what you mean, though. It looks sort of..... Papery.

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 5:17PM Ayenn said

the graphics in this teaser look to me very much like WoW... bland candy...

Posted: Apr 10th 2008 6:23PM breezer said

/facepalm at that whole video... That looks TERRIBLE!

I don't think it's lack of realism, it's lack of style. There's no distinct art style. It has the same bland, boring look (or lack of look) that DAoC had, which was sort of ok back in the day, but not anymore.

Posted: May 8th 2008 2:12PM Syme said

In an attempt to make a gritter version of WoW's graphics, they have only succeeded in draining the joy out of them.