Posted: Apr 9th 2008 2:02PM (Unverified) said

AND SO begins the agonizing, drawn-out process of over-promising and under-delivering....

When it comes to mmos, don't believe anything until you're playing it.

Posted: Apr 9th 2008 2:24PM Wgraves said

This game has the best lore (history) of any game, if done properly this should have one of the richest and deepest in-game experiences.

If this is a WoW clone i will be very sad, 40k has an excellent tradition of being hard and sadistic, I really hope this felling pulls through, not just hey look, level 60 :(.

Posted: May 5th 2008 1:24AM (Unverified) said

I agree, Warhammer is not for the weak of heart. This game at least should be rated M to live up to its name. I don't want some plotically correct jerk to ruin the whole feel of the game because of his beliefs. Warhammer 40 is set in a time where what we would consider now to be an unacceptable way of living.

Posted: Apr 9th 2008 5:32PM Triskelion said

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...........this will be another clone to throw on the barn fire with all of the other failures.

Posted: May 5th 2008 10:30AM (Unverified) said

Do i sense a grudge between WoW and WarHammer 40k?
Man they both have GREAT stories and lore.
They both have a LARGE fanbase and reputation.
Oh and anyone wana guess the monthly paymemt with me?
I say $15.00...the magical number of the MMO world.
Oh man i so can't wait to play as an Imperial Guardsmen and be in a squad. I mean flanking, suppressive, fire, and cover? Imagine your a guardsmen and you and your squad are fighting off Tyranids from a bunker. Tyranids will probably be "creeps" or some enemy to all race. Oh and also....I WANA BE A KHORNE BESERKER! lol... well we'll see if they go with classes, ranks, or something hopefully soon. I have full faith in this game and i will buy it as soon as those game store doors open. Beta will open beta or maybe even Dawn of War players O_o.

Posted: May 5th 2008 1:28AM (Unverified) said

Yes Gamesworkshop and Blizzard are very sour against each other. They had a court case that went bad when Blizzard plagarized the theme of Warhammer 40k when they made Starcraft. Terran was based off the Adeptus Astartes, Zerg off the Tyranids and Protoss off the Eldar. So ever since then they have been very hostile to each other from what I know.

Posted: May 8th 2008 4:09PM (Unverified) said

I was wanting this game previous to Warhammer. I am more of a Sci-Fi guy, but am not interested in an FPS. There are no games that currently fit the bill. I want RP content, with compelling quests and content that could be played on a casual basis. And like others, it should not be G rated.

This game has been long overdue, I just hope they don't turn it into an FPS. 40k has always been about strategy, not the twitch response of a 13yr old that's had too much caffeine. If companies will figure out (as Blizz did) that teens have the attention span of a gnat and typically are not consistent payees, then I think this game will go far.

I used to run a large Eldar army, but man... I would love to run a Space Marine!

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM