Posted: Mar 26th 2008 10:25AM Ghen said

Whatever, if we take all the video blog stuff as fact we can safely assume that they don't work very hard at EA Mythic... If they stopped goofing off a little maybe it would have made the previous release window.

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 11:01AM (Unverified) said

PHEW, I don't know why but when I saw this for some reason I read Conan and began freaking out. I can wait to see World of Warhammer, but not Conan, not my Conan...

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 11:34AM (Unverified) said

It is safe to say that, after all of these delays, I'm starting to lose interest in this game all together

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 2:46PM GreenArmadillo said

They're better off losing "fans" with short attention spans than paying customers. If your game isn't ready, your customers will quit and tell all their friends - as well as sites like this one - that it sucks. You lose a large chunk of your core market - many of whom will be hard or impossible to win back - AND your expansion market from bad word of mouth. It's a lose lose. You may be "losing interest" now, but if Warhammer is the best game out there come December, I suspect we'll see you in Warhammer.

Of course, the game still has to be good when it finally comes out, and it probably would have been better not to set a release window until they were more certain they could meet it. But more time can't make the final quality of the game worse, so it can only be a good thing.

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 11:51AM Alarie said

I agree they hype the game well and then drop the bomb of delay on people it makes you mad and does lose interest. I really am excited for AoC but if they slapped another delay in our face this close to the release date I would start to lose interest. However, I guess this gives me time to sink into AoC and see what nerfs they throw at people for 6-7 months to decide if Warhammer is right for me.

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 12:27PM Pagan said

WAR already looks aged graphically. Now EAs pushing it out further.

Not good. Not good.

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 12:41PM (Unverified) said

Another delay is not that big of a deal. I was talking with a clanmate last night saying that they were getting awfully close to the launch window without releasing info in regards to what was or would be finalized by launch. Lo and behold this morning they push it back. I'll still buy it.

In the meantime this gives AoC a huge opportunity and puts it under a lot of pressure. If the dates of release were close then I was just going to get Warhammer. Now, I am thinking that *if* AoC looks like it will release on time then I will pre-order it and hang there for a few months. If AoC delays then no pre-order, no subscription.

Posted: Mar 26th 2008 9:16PM (Unverified) said

What are the odds that the next MMO-Delay-Post does not include the word "polish"?

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays