Posted: Mar 15th 2008 3:28PM Alarie said

A good read, thank you!

I don't really care about the monks, but still glad they adding a new class. They do need more interaction with the NPCs.

Posted: Mar 15th 2008 9:08PM (Unverified) said

Mostly good stuff! I'm glad to see them adding more low/mid level quests.. there can never be enough of those...

I was glad to see they are doing an item and a cenotaph in honor of Gygax.

Posted: Mar 17th 2008 6:26PM (Unverified) said

Just a note that the correct spelling is Shavarath, not Shabbarath.

Posted: Mar 18th 2008 12:43PM (Unverified) said

Drow is a Race not a class. Monks will be the first new Class we get to play.

Very happy that about the cenitaph memorial to Gary Gygax.

Posted: Mar 18th 2008 2:04PM (Unverified) said

Not too sure if Kate even plays the same game we do (See "hotbars" issue and the Abbott issue).

Not that interested in Monks either, but a huge percentage are. Id rather they fixed the classes we have now (paladins and rogues spring to mind).

Excellent work on the Gary memorial though.

FIX THE ABBOTT!

Posted: May 28th 2008 8:37PM (Unverified) said

i think she's horribly out of touch about rogues, you should *not* be able to take a single level of rog on your wizard and instantly have higher search & disarm skills then a full rog simply because of your high intel. it's just plain stupid.

monks will be nice. new content is always good. I'd be more excited to see them get around to finally fixing the bugs. And while they're at it implement the various half-animal races that ebberron is supposed to have. and evil characters. and a higher level cap. and prestige classes. and a big explorable world, not just a few token explorable areas. if they wanted to really do something cool they could have multiple endings for some of the quests, depending on the choices players make. now THAT would be interesting, increase the replayability, and go a long way towards making alignment meaningful.

don't get me wrong, I love DDO which is why I keep coming back to it after all this time. The dungeon designs are hands down the best in the industry. they've got quality down. They just need quantity, because the fact is that even though the world they've built kicks ass it's just too damn small. If Turbine had invested their full resources into building an expansion for DDO that addressed the serious content shortage they've had from jump it could be one of the biggest MMO's on the market right now. Instead tehy pulled all their development people off it and had them make a cheap WoW knockoff (LotRO) instead; so now instead of having one under-performing game with a small audience they have 2. smooth move guys.

grrr.

Posted: Apr 21st 2008 7:22PM (Unverified) said

So overlooking the maybe and "we are considering looking into it possibly changing might be at some time no plans yet soon possibly" commentary crap we hear every single interview, when are we actualy going to see these changes? They siad they were comming out with monks and junks last year and failed to deliver. Whats the due date for this mastication of rerolls for a non-wisdom bonus, screwed up chi monk?

Posted: May 16th 2008 8:36AM (Unverified) said

i finally found a website with some good ddo news
not just tidbits of info. but good hard evidence

this helped me now i just want to know the mod 7 release date

Posted: May 27th 2008 9:34PM (Unverified) said

If you check out the Risa server, you'll find an abundance of changes have taken place. And the new Monk class is a nice change to normal day-to-day point-and-click I think :) it really keeps you on your toes...(like playing a rouge for the first time after only playing fighters for years)
To me, DDO has provided a wonderful experience, and tho new content is always welcome, improvements are usually enough for the casual player. (and yes I have a capped toon)
With that said I do know that some things don't quite work out as planned during development and sadly enough don't make it into the coming Mod's. Most casual players like me don't really notice missed improvements because the changes that did happen are enough to continue the interest of playing. (not playing because that one thing didn't happen is dumb). And staying off the forums helps to lol, but here I’m am and not coming back lol…just checking on the Mod info…peace out…B/C

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014