Posted: Mar 14th 2008 12:29PM Scopique said

Man, I'm glad I re-upped for LotRO. Now if only I could convince the wife to let me pay the $199 lifetime fee...

Posted: Mar 14th 2008 1:24PM GreenArmadillo said

On the plus side, it seems like Turbine is taking all the features that Blizzard won't implement for WoW (cosmetic outfits/dyes, player housing, a real title system, music, farming stances for PVE speced characters, petless options for pet class players who want to RP without pets, and now upgradeable items).

On the downside, Turbine is still busy implementing new level 45-50 content for the next book, i.e. the trek to the game's existing level cap may finally be finished a year after its retail launch. I suppose the obvious conclusion for someone like me with a canceled subscription is to wait until 6-8 months after the expansion comes out for Turbine to finish the 50->60 content.

And new classes? Hm, I'm not sure where there is a niche for two additional classes. Hope they didn't just decide on that number so they'd have one more than the WoW expansion.

Posted: Mar 14th 2008 3:24PM RogueJedi86 said

So it's not just Moria, we're getting Lothlorien too? That's a big area to add alongside Moria, call me impressed and excited. That Elven forest where we'll find the likes of Galadriel and Celeborn? So I guess we'll be following the fellowship through Moria to the aftermath in Lothlorien.

So what expansion would be next, logically? The Emyn Muil where Boromir dies, along with the entire Rohan and Isengard regions(can't have Rohan without Isengard)?

Posted: Mar 15th 2008 5:26PM (Unverified) said

With 2 new classes, I really hope they increase the number of characters allowed per-server. Its already frustrating that you can't have one of each class on the same server. This will only make it worse.

Rin

Posted: Mar 17th 2008 6:15PM (Unverified) said

Adding character slots is something that just has to be done. Two extra classes and no extra slots means that alts have to be deleted. They won't do that.

Maybe the lifetime subscribers and/or Founders will get something special too.

I'm really looking forward to Moria, I just hope it isn't a required PvP area. The raid along with faction control and counter attack stuff I hope is segregated from the storyline areas.

Then again, player driven content is often the best... we'll see.