Posted: Mar 11th 2008 8:52PM Ghen said

I'm not surprised. For as innovative as SL might be, LL has absolutely no common sense.

Posted: Mar 11th 2008 10:33PM (Unverified) said

All that and in the meantime, Joe is getting older. and older.

If he wasn't 18 at first, he'll be sooner or later. and then he won't be 18 anymore. Not at this rate xD

I wonder if this is caused by Linden Lab policies on privacy. Mayhaps its time to consider allowing for storage of proofs of age in the system?

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 8:20AM (Unverified) said

or maybe just a note pad titled "verified" that they can write names on

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 12:54AM (Unverified) said

I am not a child avatar, but it saddens me greatly to read this. You should be free to have any avatar you want. You shouldn't have to prove your age at all in my opinion, let alone three times.

No one has ever reported me for being underage, because I am tall. But I have not verified my age. Saying a child avatar is likely to be a real child is ridiculous. That's like saying everyone in RL under 4 ft is underage. It's very unfair.

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 4:41AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I am a child avatar, I know one of my friends has been ARed (Abused Reported) for being underage twice even after he had performed the verification procedure. Lets call him FC.

Likewise for my ex partner, he was ARed as underage after verifying he wasn't, and believe me he is in his late 20s. He can be called SF.

One of those I dislike has also been ARed twice, in a period of just two weeks. This one is TF.

It seems many Kid Haters use the "underage card" as a good way to get back at kid avatars, it is an all too common occurrence. One the verification process means less than zero against.

But despite this... never once have I seen action being taken against the one who files the fraudulent reports.

The process of sending in scans of your national documents takes upwards of a week. A week that person is denied Second Life.

This is grief, yet the perpetrators get away with it.

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 5:20AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

BTW: Is there really a need to say non-sexual every time?

You don't say "Non-paedophilic catholic priest" when talking about Sunday Mass do you?

Or do you really personally see that a community of many thousands of avatars is that tainted by Wonderland-SL?

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 5:34AM (Unverified) said

All too many people can't seem to tell the difference between sexual and non-sexual ageplay - and given the amount of fuzzy and ignorant press about the issue, it seemed best to make it clear.

I hope it's not an adjective that we keep having to use for clarity.

Posted: Mar 12th 2008 2:12PM (Unverified) said

There seems to be a disconnect in the abuse report handling system. Either the folks handling abuse reports don't have access to the user's verified/unverified status, or they are ignoring it -- as a matter of policy, or perhaps out of their own ill-will.

Unfortunately, the people handling abuse reports, like all people, have their own set of values and biases. The same ignorance or intolerance that motivated the original reporter, could just as well motivate the report handler to ignore the facts and unfairly punish someone they personally dislike.

Posted: Mar 14th 2008 2:53AM (Unverified) said

It's very storange. According this story, it seems as if GTeam doesn't have tracking records for each account... If they really ignoring it again and again, it's so...unfair.

Posted: Mar 14th 2008 2:59AM (Unverified) said

Well, there's customer service records on every account. It's a mystery as to why this seems to keep happening.

Posted: Mar 16th 2008 5:02PM (Unverified) said

I registered this account and got sent by mistake to Sl Brasil and got chatting to another lost English speaker, the convo ran:
"Why are you a fox"
"Because Basil Brush is a British CHildren's TV character"
"Oh you are underage then"
"No I watched it as a child 30 years ago"
Then he poofed.