Posted: Mar 7th 2008 8:25PM (Unverified) said

Dark moon templars is a casual hardcore raiding guild clearing all the highend content in bt/hyjal while still keeping up with RL. We only raid 2 days a week and will move to three comming up with sunwell.

Casual and hardcore have a dangerous joining but done right lead to alot of fun

Posted: Mar 7th 2008 9:24PM Scopique said

Seriously, the distinction comes solely from those who consider themselves "hardcore". These folks look down their noses at anyone who doesn't exhibit their own dedication (at any level) to the same venue. If you fumble the raid, you don't know your class or didn't prep properly -- you're a noob. If you're asking questions which they themselves have studied with the intensity of an 80 year old l ibrarian, you're an idiot.

Casual players probably don't consider themselves casual. They probably don't consider themselves anything at all, except someone who's doing something they enjoy.

My own personal definition in the CvH debate comes from the fact that there are Bejewled players out there who could be considered far more "hardcore" then anyone who's ever raided in WoW. But, of course, Bejewled doesn't carry the gamer cachet that WoW does, so, obviously, Bejewled players are "casual"...according to the "hardcore" WoW players.

To me, a "hardcore gamer" is someone who loves gaming, period. They'll play games on PC, consoles, portables, web browsers and cell phones. They've either tried their hands at or have seriously contemplated learning how to create their own games. Someone who playes one single game to the exclusion of all others, and who bad-mouths anything that isn't their own game of choice is more "casual" in my opinion. and isn't really a "gamer" any more then someone who only watches football is a "sports fan".

Posted: Mar 8th 2008 5:29AM (Unverified) said

I think the whole big raid thing killed WoW for casual gamers. Those events take so much time and so much effort for what you get for it. I stopped playing WoW when it became obvious that there was nothing left for the casual gamer when you hit high levels.

My definition of a "hardcore" MMORPG gamer is one that plans his/her life around the game they are playing. Casual gamers are ones who play the game when they have the time.

Posted: Apr 25th 2008 11:03AM Bartlebe said

Hello. I have talk about this article in my gaming blog. I just wanted to inform you and let you know. Thanks and good job!

www.bartlebe.wordpress.com