Posted: Feb 26th 2008 4:51PM (Unverified) said

Turpster > Mr. T

Posted: Feb 26th 2008 3:41PM Krystalle Voecks said

That is entirely frightening how close you can actually get a character in LotRO to looking like Mr T. O.o

Posted: Feb 26th 2008 3:42PM Krystalle Voecks said

Oh, and I'd have to say Bard, but I come from an EQ background where twisting songs was tricky and Bards who could do several were good to have around!

Posted: Feb 26th 2008 4:05PM (Unverified) said

I had a minstrel in the beta and it was fun, I have a Lore Master on there now but I haven't played him in a while. I felt there was something missing from the game but I couldn't figure out what :-)

Shakespeare walks into a bar, the barman says:
"Get out you bard!"

...hmmm doesn't really work when read, say it out loud ^^

Posted: Feb 26th 2008 9:06PM (Unverified) said

The WOW moment comes when you do the instance Retake Weathertop at about level 20ish.

Also, the game is not based on the movies at all. Turbine only has rights to the Lord of the Rings Book Trilogy and The Hobbit book.

Posted: Feb 27th 2008 4:59PM (Unverified) said

Now, Turpster, I appreciate LOTRO looks awesome. HOWEVER, I have a stubborn friend - recently, in full knowledge that I am a WoW gamer, and have been for a while, got LOTRO and started begging me to get an account so that we could play together (this is after months of me begging him to get WoW so that we could play together). He refuses to get WoW because, according to him, it sucks. I refuse to get LOTRO because, as much as I am tempted, I have a life and only have time for one MMO. So, what would you say to this foo? :P

Not a D&D player, unfortunately, so I couldn't say, but from an outsider/n00b perspective, I'd say a wizard sounds more kickass than a bard. What does a bard do, sing at monsters? Or is it like a Priest in function? In which case I'll have a bit more respect for it. :P

Posted: Feb 29th 2008 1:04PM Mike Schramm said

Great as always. And sorry, Bard is nowhere near manly. Not that anyone playing D&D is, really.