Posted: Feb 23rd 2008 9:05PM Ghen said

Well I'll probably get my door kicked in for this, but with any game that has open world PVP I act like a terrorist the entire time I sit down to play.

If you don't hear from me in over a week it was either the government or aliens.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2008 10:32PM (Unverified) said

Puh-leeeze!

Spend all your money monitoring your own citizens, while the Big Bads spend their time and energy killing people and blowing things up?

I'm no tactical genius, but aren't there a lot more immediate, obvious places to surveil for serious evildoers?

Honestly, I sometimes think these proposals are a smokescreen -- if they get the funds granted, they divert them to other projects we never hear about, leaving just enough of a program in place to say "Oh, no, look, we really are surveilling WoW, EVE, and Lineage II!"

Diversionary funding smokescreen sounds a lot more plausible to me than the idea that someone actually thinks surveilling games will make any innocents safer.

Bleah.

Posted: Feb 24th 2008 12:01AM (Unverified) said

Weird Stuff. I wonder if Terrorist play Warcraft? lol.
If they do they have to be dranei,
Have you seen the males dance? That has to be some kind of threat listed in a book someplace... that dance would not even be allowed in a gay bar.

Posted: Feb 24th 2008 5:21AM (Unverified) said

Are they looking to criminalise naked gnome racing?! Naked gnomes are clearly a threat to national security, look at they way they run and easily die. They look like tiny suicide bombers. Judging by how unreliable gnomish engineering is, most of them really are suicide bombers.

Posted: Feb 25th 2008 6:29PM (Unverified) said

"Reynard is a seedling effort to study the emerging phenomenon of social (particularly terrorist) dynamics in virtual worlds and large-scale online games and their implications for the Intelligence Community."

They should have called it Raynor.

(as in Jim Raynor from Starcraft)

Posted: Feb 26th 2008 10:23AM Vandell said

If you really wanna mess with the FBI's heads, everyone should just type in the following phrases in their chat logs:

"school"