Posted: Feb 19th 2008 3:04AM (Unverified) said

Some random web site makes a speculation like this and everyone latches on to it.

There is NO WAY the expansion is being released before Thanksgiving.

You might see 2.4 in April or May, but NOT WoLK.

You won't even see the Cinimatic for the expansion until the WWI in June.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 3:11AM (Unverified) said

I honestly don't see WotLK releasing until later this year at the earliest, either. It would certainly surprise me quite a bit if it did come out anytime by or before summer.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 9:39AM (Unverified) said

If WotLK is realesed that early, it'll be the same situation with Naxx and BC being released (which a lot of people are still a little upset over). WotLK shouldn't be out until later this year and I don't see it coming out until after Thanksgiving.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 10:39AM (Unverified) said

Come on folks! We should really know better by now. As the first commenter said, 2.4 in April or May is probably a safe bet. WOTLK in Nov - Jan is most likely. That will give everyone a chance to try out these other games (if they actually show up on time) and then come back to WoW before the year is over.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 12:05PM PropagandaPanda said

WLK is more likely to come out Sept-Nov, during the big rush. not later than Nov.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 1:41PM (Unverified) said

This is Blizzard, they never release early..ever.

Posted: Feb 19th 2008 5:10PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, I'm probably a little biased towards Warhammer. I doubt whether it can live up to the hype machine they have going for it.

Ultimately, I'm probably wrong and it will probably release in Q3/4 like everyone expects. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't put it past Blizz to surprise us all with an early release, the way the game has been going lately (compared to the state of the game prior to the last expansion).

Posted: Mar 6th 2008 1:06AM (Unverified) said

Well they made the "misstake" by releasing TBC so "soon" after Naxx, so I dont think they will do the same misstake this time.

I mean the sunwell and so on in 2.4 as mentioned above maybe will be released in april/may, and if so they wont release WLK for some time ahead..

Posted: Mar 8th 2008 8:59AM (Unverified) said

Releasing in spring would undermine everything they're doing with 2.4, insofar as access to better gear and the removal of the remaining attunements goes. They've got to give the casual raiders time to catch up and see the most fun and carefully designed content, or they'll lose people (and if they screw up that way, you better believe the WAR hype engine will draw a lot in).

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories