Posted: Feb 8th 2008 8:51AM Kamokazi said

Well it was three but it recently increased back to four...a friend of mine decided to try WoW so I fired up my old account to play with him. Looks like he's getting bored of it so that one will probably be cancelled soon.

Otherwise I have the Station Access pass to keep in touch with people in EQI, II, Vanguard, and SWG (And occasional Planetside bouts when the mood strikes me, although it's pretty barren now). Tabula Rasa and Eve are the other two (and the primary two I actually play). None of the free-to-plays really hold my interest for long (they're free for a reason...) so I am not playing any of them.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 9:02AM Scopique said

I usually mange 2 at a time, but in playing Vanguard and now PotBS, I, too, signed up with the Station Access. Now I'm playing more EQ2 then VG or PotBS.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 10:10AM GRT said

Station Access here too. EQ2 and PotBS, but I'm quickly growing bored with the latter. The new expansions to EQ2 make it a real joy... I was playing a low level back in the Antonica "legacy zone" last night and remembered why the game didn't hold my interest when it first shipped. Playing Timorous Deep vs playing Antonica is like night and day... they're really improved their game over the past couple years.

I actually started a new character in Vanguard the other day and might give that another look.

I have a Lifestime sub to LOTRO and play it at a very low level of intensity (log in once a week or so). I figure, unless I'm planning to shrug off this mortal coil in the next few years, I have no reason to be in a hurry in LOTRO. :)

And I just got a beta invite to a new game I'm pretty excited about, so I'll be spending some time there, too!

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 10:21AM (Unverified) said

I have two - Tabula Rasa and WoW, unless you count the P2P that I have also bought $60 worth of points for, Shaiya. In that case, count it as three. I initially dropped my TR sub after the first month, but since I occasionally play, I haven't dropped it yet. I just started playing WoW, and I finally understand why it is the most played sub out there. Once you get past the "cartoony" flavor of it, the production values, such as music and content really shine through. WoW is absolutely amazing to someone like me who said they would *never* play an MMO. After forays with the P2Ps that introduced me to what it is like to play an MMO (because they were free and I could get used to them without a commitment), I now understand.

MMOs are a lot of fun, and wow is absolutely amazing.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 10:39AM lucky644 said

Well I have....SWG, LOTRO, Pirates: BS, EVE, Guild Wars, WoW, ROSE, D&D, Vanguard, RFO...and more.

But I only currently subscribe to WoW & Pirates.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 10:42AM (Unverified) said

Oh, that's embarrassing. :P

I won't talk about now, but the most subscriptions I've ever paid for at the same time was four: WoW, CoH, SWG, and EQ2. That was for one month of strange, crazy overlap.

Good times ... bad wallet.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 11:34AM Alarie said

Current subs: DDO, Dungeon Runners, and lifetime sub to LOTRO.

Currently enjoying DDO the most.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 12:32PM spodi said

at this time 2 Station Pass Accounts and 2 lifetime LotRO accounts.

EQ2 take the bulk of my time, with some VG, PotBS, and LotRO thrown in when the mood strikes me (or just not feeling into EQ2).
only pop in to SWG to check to see if my houses are still intact.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 1:51PM Ghen said

Currently Zero! I'm done with the old, ready to try something new... I prefer fantasy games, but if push comes to shove I'll be hopping in Tabula Rasa or Vanguard.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 1:52PM Ghen said

amendment, reword that how you like to explain how vanguard is fantasy but still not a top tier choice.. holes.. I dig alot of them.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 2:26PM (Unverified) said

2, CoX and Tabula Rasa. I might sub to Guild Wars II should it ever come out. I enjoyed GW for what it was, even though it really wasn't a 'mmo' per se.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 3:46PM (Unverified) said

1, EQ2. Too damn time consuming just for that.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 4:38PM (Unverified) said

Active subscriptions include CoX, EQ2, PlanetSide, WoW and There. I'm not going to count the inactive ones.

I could be considered a sugardaddy, I pay subscriptions for 2 other players also.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 5:14PM (Unverified) said

I don't believe that "A Content Creator" is in fact A Content Creator at all. The only people who are that cavalier about permissions in my experience are (a) contractors who are paid by the hour to produce things for other people who are the ones who have to defend any copyright, and (b) scripters, because they know that their products are all purely server-side and thus immune to ripping at the moment. I have argued against many of these people in the past; they would be up in arms if their source code was publicly revealed.

Compared to other bodies that I have dealt with recently (e.g. Yahoo, who have actually given up their safe harbour provisions by non-compliance with the DMCA, though they know I haven't the money to sue them) LL are the models of probity when it comes to the DMCA.

But it isn't that which is the problem, it is in-world governance and enforcement. The demand is that LL actually take action against people seen to be redistributing content without permission, never mind the DMCA or anything else. Meaning proper hardware bans of all alts, confiscation of inworld assets (yes, problematic) and investigation beyond the minimum.

Really, DMCA compliance means nothing apart from "this company doesn't want to get sued". It does nothing to prevent or punish copyright breach. That sort of enforcement must actually be performed by the company concerned, and the question is how far LL is prepared to go, when the alternative may be losing the content creators who have made SL what it is.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 5:17PM (Unverified) said

Argh, dammit, this password remembering program is giving me excessive grief, please remove the above.

I was just trying to say that I only ever use Second Life, really, though I have accounts with WoW, Runescape, There, a few MUSHes and so on - I try them out but I never really stay with any others.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 6:12PM Learethak said

Just playing WoW currently. A 30 trial to LoTR came with my new computer but I haven't installed it.

Frankly between being a grad student and working part time there just isn't much time for WoW in my life. I get maybe 3 hours a week in most weeks.

Not enough time to do more then run a few quests with guildies, certainly not enough time for raiding or instances.

I started WoW before all of my guildies, but now almost all of them have passed me up in sheer levels acquired.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 6:20PM Oneiromancer said

Two: WoW and EQ2. Currently I only log into WoW 2-3 nights a week to see if I can get in on a guild dungeon run or sub for a raid. I spend much more time in EQ2, as I'm not yet max level. Once I hit max level and max AAs in EQ2...I'm not sure which I'll play more. Definitely when the WoW expansion comes out I'll be over there more. But I think I enjoy both enough to continue to be subscribed to both for a while.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant