Posted: Feb 7th 2008 12:19PM Pagan said

If this is true, this is bad news for those of us who have been waiting for a SWGalaxy replacement from Bioware.

If an MMORPG is releasing simultaneously for PC and console next year, most likely its not going to be the deep Star Wars MMO many of us have been waiting for. Most likely it would be an MMO lite, which would be really disappointing.

Let's hope Surfer Girl is way off on this one.

Bioware + Star Wars MMORPG = Bliss

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 1:32PM (Unverified) said

I've doubted right along that Bioware was making a Star Wars MMO.. their early job hiring descriptions were for those enthuisastic for the Fantasy Genre and NOT Sci-Fi.

As far as someone else doing a Star Wars game, meh, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Is there really room for 2 Star Wars MMO's out there? Can anyone even legitimately get that license other than SOE? It would seem to me that if I held the license for the Star Wars MMO, I certainly wouldn't be letting anyone else make one to draw all my players away.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 1:43PM (Unverified) said

Yes theres room for 2 SW MMOs out there because SWG is possibly the worst MMO game ever made. Its planning was bad, its execution was horrid, its upkeep is nearly nonexistant, and the community is in constant struggle with SOE over the NGE after over 2 friggin years. If another SW MMO came out, and it was good SWG would last a month or two tops. Therefore there would only be one SW MMO. I really hope its KOTORO though...greatest RPG ever and it can get away from cliche star wars storyline and charachters, which while amazing dont make for a very open ended story, where as KOTOR is much more flexible.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 2:42PM (Unverified) said

I'm 90% sure SOE doesn't have an exclusive license for Star Wars MMOs. But what crap is BioWare working on? Is it a Mass Effect MMO? I guess knowing them it's better to assume a new IP. They don't really milk their franchises. Crap, they didn't even make their own sequels sometimes...

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 3:39PM (Unverified) said

I rather have a brand new Sci Fi MMO, something a long the lines of Mass Effect would be awesome imo.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 4:01PM smg77 said

If this is true then:

Yay for no SOE involvement

Boo for consoles :(

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 4:12PM (Unverified) said

"Jigga-wha?" Seriously? This site is getting harder and harder for me to stomach.

Posted: Feb 8th 2008 12:52PM Jhaer said

Indiana Jones Online... because who doesn't want to travel the world, fight Nazis and find lost treasures?

Posted: Feb 9th 2008 3:56AM (Unverified) said

Free Radical is also working on a "top secret" lucasarts project. Could this be the Star Wars MMO??