Posted: Feb 6th 2008 11:45PM (Unverified) said

It is my understanding that you'll still be able to clip through other players, but just at a slower rate of movement than normal. It's a good compromise, really, because it allows the use of blocking in combat without the potential griefing.

Posted: Feb 6th 2008 11:55PM (Unverified) said

I'm all for collision detection. Makes combat much more realistic. WoW should have CD. Rogues should not be able to 'pass through' someone to stab them in the back. From what I've heard, Mythic is really close to nailing CD in their design.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 1:45AM (Unverified) said

I like how Age of Conan is implementing collision detection. Someone in your way? No problem... knock them the hell down. Like one of the Ranger's abilities: "Linebreaker" which is a powerful shot capable of knocking down all foes in a column between the Ranger and his target.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 12:30PM Pagan said

Ooooh, that sounds GREAT! I really hope Funcom can pull AoC together by launch. If they can, I'll be there.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 3:29AM (Unverified) said

Collision detection is a performance killer. I'm sure blizz discarded it for a wider hardware support (remember wow has 4 years now).

I dont know how big the numbers will be in a WAR pvp battle, but I'm sure our dual cores are going to struggle more than a bit...

Interesting news, btw.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 3:57AM mikesanto said

The way I understood it, CD was factional only. That is, you'll be able to pass through members of your own faction, but be stopped by members of the opposing faction.

Posted: Feb 7th 2008 6:57AM (Unverified) said

As far as we know, yes, It's factional only.

And also, they revealed in a interview on warcry I think It was, that you'll be able to push through players after a few seconds, to prevent griefing.

There is the entire chat log If anyone has missed it.

The Nexus Telegraph: How to fix WildStar